Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

List of pre-existing email templates and code available? 

mgail

Total Posts:  6

Working on launch of shop.  We used demo info and are overwriting or using as sample as needed.  “Default template at locale” apparently has coding for showing items ordered in order confirmation, but in reassigning in Configuration to send New Order or other template, the order table goes away.  Needing to find the code with variables to past back in.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I’m not sure if I understand your request.
If you’re talking about the original templates, you can find it into the /app/locale/en_US/template/email

That’s waht you’re talking about?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mgail

Thanks, but in that list of templates i don’t see one named ‘default’.  If I go back into configuration in the sales emails section and re-designate “Default Template from Locale” as the template to use for New Order Confirmation Template, when we purchase stuff in test mode the emails that come to my account show the order table info at the bottom.  When I switch the New Order Confirmation Template to a sample Magento provided - New order - and repeat the purchase, I only see the shipping, address and other info.

My husband is the coder, but we are still on the steep learning curve and the variables and structure are huge.  That is why I wanted to find the ‘default’ template to pull the code there for producing the order table and be able to put it into another email.

While I’m putting this out there, the email templates are extensive and they are assigned in tons of places.  I’m afraid that an errant email will be sent automatically from the system that I haven’t found and someone will get “Magento Demo Store” in places I haven’t made correct to our store.  Is there a list of where all the options for assigning auto-sending of emails is?  I can certainly go through all the provided template examples but if that “Default Template from Locale” is out there somewhere and I can’t get to it, I’d like to at least know I can find all the email assignments and redirect them to a template I have changed.  Short of going through every single page and option in configuration, a list would save me time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iiNTENSE
Guru

Total Posts:  432
Lansing, MI

You can locate the order e-mail templates at:

www.yourstore.com/app/locale/en_US/template/email/sales/order_new.html

If you guys are beginners, I’d recommend recommend a text editor to help you code parts of Magento (CSS, PHTML, etc.).  I’d personally recommend EditPlus:

http://www.editplus.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Buenos Aires, Argentina

@mgail

I’m not 100% completely sure, but I think that there are 32 differents emails.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mgail

Thanks for the replies.  I’ll make some overwrites of magento-demo-info and try it again.  If the magic # is 32, wow that’s a lot - but at least I know what I"m working towards.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Buenos Aires, Argentina

LOL.
Your right, it’s a large number of mails.
There are mails for administrayive use, and mails for transactions. That transactions can be done by registered users or anonimous users (this condition duplicate all the transactions emails).

There are another ones, but I don’t remember right now.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oshipper

Total Posts:  53
New York, NY

I’m having the problem with emails sent from Magento all the linefeeds are replaced with “=0D=0A “

Anyone find a safe and simple solution to the Zend Framework Mail’s default encoding settings problem?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I’m working with UTF-8 encoding and there isn’t any problem with the Magento mails.

--
Damián

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community