Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Footer of My SItes Pages

Forbesent

Total Posts:  11

I have the following print at the bottom of my sites pages.  The word “[profiler]” is showing on the trim of my theme and the rest is on the outside of my theme color and is almost transparent and in boxes.  Does anyone know what this is and if I can remove it?

[profiler]

Memory usage: real: 34603008, emalloc: 34290728

Code Profiler Time Cnt Emalloc RealMem

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AquilaRapax

Total Posts:  5

I’m quite new to magento for myself, but i guess the profiler is used to show some statistics about your site and server, when loading the site.

To disable it, log in into the backend and go to System->Configuration. Set your scope (upper left) to “Default config” and then deactivate the profiler in Developer(bottom left)->Debug->Profiler = No. If the profiler is still shown, i guess it’s activated in the apropriate side-scope. So select the active site in the scope-drop-down and set the Profiler to “No” the same way i explained before… Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidAlger

Total Posts:  29

The purpose of the profiler is for aiding in diagnosing slow page load times. This should never be left enabled on a deployed website. There are actually two aspects of disabling it:

1. Turning off profiling under System (menu) -> Configuration (menu item) -> Developer (tab on left) -> Debug (accordion section)
2. Make sure all calls to Varien_Profiler::enable(); are commented out in your index.php file.

The first one I mentioned here only serves to disable the output of the profiler results to the end of the page after everything else has finished being processed. While this will fix the issue with the display, it doesn’t actually turn off the profiler at the fundamental level, so your server will still be wasting the server resources by timing and keeping track of how long lots of different portions of Magento take to execute. This comes in handy in circumstances when you want to print the profiles to a log file on a struggling production site for debugging reasons while still being transparent to the sites customers. So basically what I’m saying is make sure you have it turned off in the Magento admin and make sure that the calls to Varien_Profiler::enable(); are not being called in the index.php file or you’ll see a performance penalty on the site, however slight/large it may be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Forbesent

Total Posts:  11

Thank you.  That worked.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community