Magento Forum

Extension Guidelines - Simplified (updated 3/28/2012)

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

UPDATE (3/28/2012): Official Magento Connect Guidelines can be found here.

Extension GuidelinesUpdated 7/21/2011

We are no longer approving external (paid) extensions which are priced 1 dollar or free. These extensions can be uploaded directly to the Magento Connect Marketplace. If you have special considerations, please private message me.

We do not allow you to sell “services” in the Magento Connect Marketplace. As stated below external (paid) extensions need to link to a landing page where there is info on the extension, the price and to checkout.  Please read the rest of the extension guidelines below:

==========

We are using the Not Approved status option in order to trigger you that your extension needs attention. Currently we do not have a notification system to easily allow me to let you know that there’s a problem with your extension.  If you notice, that one of your pending statuses has been changed to Not Approved - the most common reasons are detailed below:

Enterprise Extensions.
Update: 5/18/11
Partners now have access to Enterprise Edition and can now test their extensions on Enterprise as well as label them and advertise them as enterprise ready. Partners have an Enterprise checkbox that they can use during the extension profile creation process, and there they will be able to list versions of Enterprise that the extension is compatible with.

If you are not part of one of the partner groups, at this time you cannot use the word “Enterprise” in your extension name. We are currently working on a solution for all developers to have the ability to contribute to enterprise extensions, but that is not in place yet, so please don’t advertise it in your extension title.  You cannot use “Enterprise” “Enterprise Extension” “EE” etc.  The most you can do at this point, is write into the description that you have tested your product against (the versions you have tested against).  If you put Enterprise Extension in the title of your extension, I cannot approve them.

PAID - External extensions.
We cannot approve your paid/external extension if it doesn’t link directly to the extension/product itself.  A landing page for an paid extension should be a web page off of your own website which explains the product in detail and has options to purchase, download and contact. To be clear, this page MUST have information about the extension from the landing page.  Your company homepage cannot be a landing page.

Use of Magento Logo in your Extension Images
You can use a small Magento Logo on your extensions but it must be absolutely clear that the extension was not developed by Magento. Please make sure the Magento Image doesn’t overpower your own extension or company logo and that it is very clear that the extension is NOT developed by Magento.

Other Guidelines Reminders

Please do not:
Use the word Magento in your extension title, domain name or user name.

* We will not approve extensions that use Magento in the domain name. Sub domain or /directory is OK.

Please do:
When creating your extension profile, you must upload at least one image representing your extension or company.

Not Approved/Reason Not Listed
If your extension does not fit into one of these categories and is listed as NOT APPROVED- please private message me directly so we can discuss it further.

Reminder: It can take up to 10 business days to approve an extension.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zaheerabbass

Total Posts:  1

What to do if I want to remove my existing extension from magento connect which is not approved?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

zaheerabbass - 07 September 2011 01:17 AM

What to do if I want to remove my existing extension from magento connect which is not approved?

sorry for delayed response, contact me directly rhonda at magento dot com

Magento Community
Magento Community

tanknaresh001

Total Posts:  10

zaheerabbass - 07 September 2011 01:17 AM

same problem any solution for delete extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zorento

Total Posts:  1
Киев

Hello,

me extension: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/catalog/product/view/id/16391/, not aprove,

Why?

with respect,
Alexandr Bilyk

Magento Community
Magento Community

lucian303

Total Posts:  74

Can you please define “services.” It is unclear what you mean by this. Would an extension that interfaces with an external API be considered a service?

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1140

How to edit the URL? Not listed in FAQ

Magento Community
Magento Community

niro
Mentor

Total Posts:  1592
Latvia, Riga

FMEExtensions - 26 July 2013 01:30 AM

How to edit the URL? Not listed in FAQ

Need to knew too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Blimi

Total Posts:  2

Hello,

can you please specify how I can add a YouTube video into my extension screenshot section?
I’ve seen this for many times, for example, here http://screencast.com/t/Jt60x4ujCCq but I wasn’t able to find the way on how to embed a video.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community