Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

White screen with Mageneto Connect Manager 2 (Magento 1.5.0.1 fresh install)

andrewholt

Total Posts:  6
Northamptonshire

Hi all,

I’ve got a couple of fresh installs of Magento 1.5.0.1 set up on our dedicated server but have run into a problem with Magento Connect.

When I check for upgrades all I get is a white screen with the following address:
http://www.[domain name goes here].co.uk/downloader/index.php?A=index&maintenance;=0&updates;=yes

Having gone through the code I’ve identified the page terminating in /downloader/Maged/Model/Connect.php at line 165 (by adding an exit(date(’r’)); line at the various points).

I will admit that I haven’t delved any deeper (into /downloader/Mages/Connect.php and further) but can do if helpful.

Does anyone know why this may be killing the page?

[edit] - I forgot to mention I found the following thread which seems to have a similar problem but the workaround didn’t work for me.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community