Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

EU Vat Extension Beta Testers

Josh @ WebShopApps

Total Posts:  17
Leigh on Sea, Essex

I’ve just created a EU Vat extension and are looking for anyone interested in testing it.

It ties into the VIES tax verification system and will put a customer with a valid number into a customer group you have specified in admin so they won’t be taxed. If the syntax is invalid or the verification fails then a customisable error message will be shown to the customer. You can choose countries that you always want to tax regardless of if the number is valid, if you’re in the UK you would want to set this to UK for example.

If you’re interested please send me a pm for further details. I’m only looking for 5-10 people maximum. I will provide the final version free of charge to anyone interested in testing.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

What is the difference between your new extension and the one we are currently using, which is: https://technology.pillwax.com/software/euvat-for-magento.html

I would happily move to your extension as your extensions work well whereas the pillwax one has caused me plenty of headaches!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebShopApps
Guru

Total Posts:  460
London, UK

Hi,

Josh is on holiday, hence delayed reply from me as wasn’t checking.  Not sure how it differs from the other versions as we havent analysed their’s - we just needed it for our own site so thought we would build ourselves.

We have seen problems with the actual gateway not validating, we have adding in both standard http get and soap support so it tries both routes (if soap is enabled on your install), but it does seem that sometimes the gateway just falls over.  Obviously outside our control.

We are currently adding in some extra logic to the extension to make the customer experience better when validation fails. So will have a new release out next week.

Rgds

Karen

Magento Community
Magento Community

tjscgroup

Total Posts:  146
United Kingdom

I wrote this ages ago, perhaps useful.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/19712/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Webgenie911

Total Posts:  10
The Netherlands

I would like to test the extension.

Please contact me with infos wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

elfling
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  901

Currently using a VIE Eu Vat extension that works with box customer classes and customer groups.

I wouldn’t mind seeing what you’ve come up with.

The main problem for these extensions are admin created orders. If an order is VAT free, it normally doesn’t work in the admin :(

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community