Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot pay with PayPal in store

Brake6

Total Posts:  87

Hello

I have activated PayPal standard, added the email that belongs to the PayPal merchant account. I also have a personal PayPal account. But, ever time I try to pay using a credit card (the card is associated to my PayPal account), I get this error:

“You cannot complete this action on the card you have selected. Please select another card.”

I have tried with another card – but always the same error.

Anyone knows why this is happening – and how to solve it? I have used this card many times before for paying.

Best regards, Magnus

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

Hi there.

im seeing the same issue as you have described. Did you manage to find a reason or a solution to this issue with paypal

thanks
Brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brake6

Total Posts:  87

Sorry, but I did not find a solution :(

The only reason for this error, I could think of, is that which country the recieving PayPal account is registrated in.

// Magnus

Magento Community
Magento Community

brendanb
Mentor

Total Posts:  1093
London, United Kingdom

thanks for the reply,

As it turns out our account had been marked by their “acceptable use policy” which put the brakes on customer making purchses via credit card. You can still pay by a direct linked bank account, but not credit card.
There was no notification of this issue on our account at any time. The only way this was found out was when we hounded them for about a week running saying their is an issue.
Once this was resolved we then had to agree to some slight changes to our site and the marker on the account was lifted.

So out of this I would suggest calling their customer service and asking about any blocks perhaps applied to your account. And if they just ask you to fill in a ticket and wait 48hrs. Call back the next day and keep on their case.

hth
brendan

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community