Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade 1.4.1.0 to 1.5 - older sql setup files are being run & causing errors

iamcortez

Total Posts:  27

Hi,

I had to do the upgrade process by just extracting the 1.5 tar into the root dir of the 1.4.1.0 installation, but have done this before and had no issues.  Oddly I’ve upgraded another 1.4.1.0 site to 1.5 fine, so am a bit stuck with why this one is going wrong.

When I hit the site so the upgrade scripts will run, I’m getting all sorts of errors from various core setup files where they’re trying to create tables which already exist.  This is due to scripts being run for versions below 1.4.1.0.  I tried commenting out the setup instructions in each file that errored, and just got to “/app/code/core/Mage/GoogleCheckout/sql/googlecheckout_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.7.3-0.7.4.php” and decided to give up as clear something isn’t right if it’s running the 0.73 to 0.74 installer upgrade.

I’m assuming something’s gone wrong in in relation to the version which my installation thinks it is during the upgrade process, though it reports 1.4.1.0 correctly in the back-end.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iamcortez

Think I misunderstood how the upgrade process works - seems it compares module versions, not core versions.

I did continue the process of commenting out the setup instructions anyway & got to \"/app/code/community/Find/Feed/sql/find_feed_setup/mysql4-install-0.0.1.php\".  This one is new for 1.5, so would seem that the upgrade script is getting called twice.

So seems something is going wrong in the module version reporting, causing these setup scripts to run twice - any idead why this might happen?

Thanks

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Steve, it looks like you may have had to start and stop your upgrade process?

A couple of thoughts

1) You could check to see if that new table is populated? If not you could drop it and let Magento re-create it.
2) You can add IF NOT EXISTS to the CREATE TABLE section of the SQL Script.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iamcortez

Hi Brent,

This is what’s strange - I didn’t start and stop the process. It was a working 1.4.1.0 installation (dev version, so not getting hit by anyone but me), the same as the other one I successfully upgraded.  I even re-instated the 1.4.1.0 db & doc root, then ran the whole thing again and same problem (cleared cache first of course).

I just extracted the 1.5 files, hit the site so the upgrades would run & immediately got these create table errors, some for tables which existed pre 1.4.1.0.  And of course after the process of commenting out the stuff in around 11 setup files, got to the FindFeed one.  This is new, so clearly that setup script tried to run twice.

Get what you’re saying about dropping the tables or adding IF NOT EXISTS....but these are Magento core module files which I clearly shouldn’t have to touch, so would like to find the cause rather than do a workaround.

FYI, I ended up just commenting out everything that errored & the site did function and reported as upgraded, but then was unable to add anything to the cart, so clearly something’s not right.

Anyway, I’m guessing this may be something unique to this particular installation, considering the other upgrade went fine, so will plug away till I work out what’s going on!

Thanks for your time.

Steve

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Steve,

If the error is on an empty table you are pretty safe dropping the table and letting Magento re-create it.

Once Magento has created the tables, it won’t go back to the SQL scripts (Or you would get that error everytime!)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community