Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Listing Trouble

niassy151

Total Posts:  23

Under Configuration --> System--> Catalog --> Catalog

It says “Product Listing Sort By” and the Drop Down has “Best Value” “Name” and “Price”
However, I want it to list by the ranking I have given each item. I’m wondering how to do this on the Backend to show up on the Frontend since this area isn’t letting me do it.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mtalley887

Total Posts:  26

Go to your Manage Category select the category and then select the tab Category Products.  If when you created the product discriptions and place them in the proper category you can list those products when you click on the search button.  Once they are up, on the right hand side, you can input position order to display the products in the order you want to display them.  Order is by numeric numbers starting with ‘0’ . 

Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

niassy151

Total Posts:  23

I actually have ordered them this way. The problem is when I go to the front end, the default view is by Name, even though I have them ordered by number. I can use the drop down to order them by name, price, or position. I don’t know how to change the default view to position, or remove those other viewing structures.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mtalley887

Total Posts:  26

You may be stuck in the Cache and not seeing any changes.  First clear your browser cache.  Then you can try turning off Cache in the admin but, I’ve found this usually doesn’t work and what I end up doing is going to my cpanel, select File Manager and once I’m in the directory of my store I select the folder “var” to open and then delete the cache folders, “cache, report and session” then go back and see if the changes come up.

Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community