Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 7
Contact Us - Customer unable to submit

Naresh Vajawat

Total Posts:  47
India

Hi,

I am using Magento 1.1.6 and when I submit the Contact us form it gives the below error.

o Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later

Magento is able to send all emails related to the account activation and order processing only this is not working . Any idea/suggestion on this will be highly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Naresh Vajawat

Total Posts:  47
India

There was an error in the configuration. I did not specify a valid email address in the send email to , in the system -> configuration.

The issues is resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Casper

Total Posts:  16

For people looking for the right location to enter the address: You can find this in de Admin at System -> Configuration and then at General -> Contacts. There is a field “Send Emails To” that needs to be filled in.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PatrickCM

Total Posts:  54

Hi,

I can’t receive the email from contact us form.

The form says the email has been successfully sent but I can’t receive it.

The other emails (confirmation order) work.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

zadpro

Total Posts:  247
FL, USA

PatrickCM - 12 January 2009 11:44 PM

Hi,

I can’t receive the email from contact us form.

The form says the email has been successfully sent but I can’t receive it.

The other emails (confirmation order) work.

thanks

I have the same problem. Did you figure out how to fix this?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

ekopievos

Total Posts:  14

Hello

similar problem. Can’t send email through contact us form. receiving following message: Unable to submit your request. Please try again later.

Please help, that’s very annoying. I’ve tried everything.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chaproo

Total Posts:  48

Hi ,

Did Anyone ever manage to figure this out ? ive been trying for days to get it workking its quite baffling(

Magento Community
Magento Community

mismis

Total Posts:  46

Same problem and I don’t find the solution !

Magento Community
Magento Community

xTasMe

Total Posts:  49

Up ^^^^^^

Magento Community
Magento Community

Slip

Total Posts:  54

Did anyone manage to figure out a fix for this? I’ve got the same problem but every forum post I see regarding this just seems to trail off to a dead-end. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VaseemAnsari

Total Posts:  5
Jaipur

i got this error
Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later

can anybody tell me how to resolve these errors
my contact form is working 30 min before but i dont know what i have uploaded to server and contact form stopped working

i am using recaptch for contact us form
url is
http://www.indianexportcenter.com/index.php/contacts/
i need urgent help else i need to reinstall magento just because the contact form is not working or either i create module for contact us.
thanks
vaseem ansari

Magento Community
Magento Community

DavidB

Total Posts:  8

I’ve tracked down the point in the code where the problem is occurring and have a solution.

Starting at line 87 in /app/code/core/Mage/Contacts/controllers/IndexController.php is the following code:

if (Zend_Validate::is(trim($post['hideit']), 'NotEmpty')) {
    $error 
true;

}

This appears to be checking for an entry in the hidden form field ‘hideit’ - presumably as an anti-spam measure. Validation fails if there’s an entry in the field - or as in this case if the field is missing.

I’ve just updated my site from 1.3.2.2 to 1.4. So I’m guessing this is a change introduced in the new version. There’s a revised standard form template in the new version with this new field. But my site is using a custom template from before this new feature was added. So the validation is failing because the field is missing.

A quick and dirty fix is to comment out the above lines to skip the validation - not advisable though as it’s a core file which may be updated next time there’s an upgrade.

The proper solution is to update the form template to include the new hidden field:

<input type="text" name="hideit" id="hideit" value="" style="display:none !important;" />

Hope that helps!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sens

Total Posts:  30

Thanks David. The new input field solved the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sterg17

Total Posts:  94

It seems that input code is already included in the 1.4.1 update....

I developed 1.4.1 in a subdomain (contact for didnt work), and then moved it to the regulat domain - and the contact form stil didnt work.  The email address is valid, and that input code is already included in my base and custom theme layout/contacts files.

What could it be??

Magento Community
Magento Community

fizzer

Total Posts:  16

I too have this problem. I have added the code to the form template as instructed but the message still comes up ‘Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later’

I am using magento 1.4.0.1 (upgraded from 1.3.0.4) and I have tried using the default theme and also with recaptcha disabled, cleaned the cache etc. Still not working. It used to work before I upgraded

I have a test site which is a clean install of 1.4.0.1 and everything works fine

Any ideas

Fizzer

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikoloko

Total Posts:  51
Netherlands

fizzer - 05 March 2010 12:18 PM

I too have this problem. I have added the code to the form template as instructed but the message still comes up ‘Unable to submit your request. Please, try again later’

I am using magento 1.4.0.1 (upgraded from 1.3.0.4) and I have tried using the default theme and also with recaptcha disabled, cleaned the cache etc. Still not working. It used to work before I upgraded

I have a test site which is a clean install of 1.4.0.1 and everything works fine

Any ideas

Fizzer

SAME PROBLEM HERE !!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 7