Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento database in sync with external MySQL database

Peter77

Total Posts:  9

Hi all,

At the moment I have an exsisting Point of Sale system which uses an external mysql database.

I would like to build a Magento webshop which is in sync with our POS, it’s a dutch pos system with just a few customers.
I am used to program with PHP, MySQL, HTML etc.

What is the best way to do this? Live integration or sync every X minutes.

Should I create a script to create a XML file from my existing database, is there an automatic way to import files? Or should I create a standalone script to sync the databases, without using magento?

Greetz
Peter77

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mauson

Total Posts:  7

Hi Peter, I have the same need, have you found anything like it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

mcerezo2012

Total Posts:  1

Hi there,

I wonder if your problem was solved already, because i have the same problem. I have to connect my magento database to other host.

Should you have any ideas or solution to this issue would be so much appreciated by replying here.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community