Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Default product price changes when updating product attributes

klistrian

Total Posts:  42

Since upgrading to 1.5.0.1 I’m having very weird behaviour when modifying product attributes.

In my store I have four store fronts. For all fronts I have different prices (due to different currencies) for the same product. The default price is inherited by one store, all others have their store specific price.

If i change an attribute (e.g. product description) in one of the stores with a unique product price, it will upon saving replace the default product price with its own. So if my default price is 20 and the store front’s unique price is 10, the default price will be changed to 10 after saving any attribute for the store front.

What is going on? Anyone having the same experience or, even better, a solution?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ton Swart

Total Posts:  24

I don’t have a solution for it, but I have a other problem what maybe has to do with it. When I change the product description in one of the languages (switch Store View) the default product description and the name is overwritten with the new for example Italian description The rest of the information stays default. It looks like an index problem..

Magento Community
Magento Community

klistrian

Total Posts:  42

Yup, I got that behaviour also after upgrading to 1.5.0.1. I get it for the title of categories as well.

Most likely all these issues are related. Anyone out there with ideas for a solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tradiArt
Guru

Total Posts:  379

Same here. I can’t believe multistore functionality is not working correct yet in version 1.5.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HotCustard Web Design

Total Posts:  15

I reported this as a bug and just got a daft response.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=11196

Magento Community
Magento Community

HotCustard Web Design

Total Posts:  15

What i thought was a temporary work around, i.e. remember what the default price was and then flick back to that view reset it and save is also flawed. As saving in the default view, updates the wholesale views images and sets them to no-image.

So saving in wholesale view blows the retail prices, and saving in retail view blows the wholesale images.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cherry-electronics

Total Posts:  4

We upgraded to 1.5.0.1 and we have come unstuck with this bug.  I thought it was related to some extensions but having removed them one by one I can see that it is in fact a bug.

Whenever we update the title for one of our stores in another language this overwrites the base default english with that language.

We then have to go back to the default and replace the text again with the english....

and then go and check it is right which is proving very time-consuming considering it takes around 15 minutes to do ONE product like this.

Given we intend to add two other languages later on.  What is the solution? 

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andrew Shand

Has anyone managed to fix this yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisandy

Total Posts:  92

I’m getting exactly the same problem

Magento Community
Magento Community

jEzEk CHiCKi

I’ve described a bug and placed a bug-fix in other discussion thread.
See Magento Forum - Product Saving Issue in Magento v1.5.0.1: Other store view data overwritten to default storeview.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community