Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

checkout page went blank if logged in

guruproj

Total Posts:  76

I found a problem recently in my magento 1.4.1.1:

If I shop as a guest, proceed to checkout from shopping cart page, no problem - I can then login from there and continue.

But I logged in from very beginning, go to shopping cart and directly click “checkout”, also no problem - NOTE I didn’t select estimate shipping or update total with the shipping/tax on the cart page.

If I’m logged in from beginning, and updated total after get shipping quote; OR if I login at checkout page, then go back to shopping cart page and edit something there (now the shipping option is already selected”, click on check out again, “.../checkout/onepage/” page just went blank.

Anybody else had this problem?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SadeVi

Total Posts:  3

I have the same problem, but only in Internet Explorer!
Firefox and chrome no problem.

I do see some words in the middle and end of the screen
see attachment

I have absolutely no clue in solving this so some help would be appreciated

Question: Do you use IE?

Magento version 1.4.2.0 | default theme

Image Attachments
ie-checkout.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

guruproj

Total Posts:  76

My problem is a different one. I have narrowed down to the customized theme and one specific extension. Also the blank page I got was complete blank. No header/footer at all. And problem exists on all browsers. But if I switched to default theme then no problem. So I’m spending time finding out what’s wrong in the theme by comparing it to the default...so far no luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tbradley22

Total Posts:  45

I’m having the same issue as guruproj in 1.5 with a custom theme. Checkout page is totally blank but only for customers logged in. Works great for customers not logged in. I’m using Gomage Light Checkout Extension.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kab8609
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  821
Cleveland

I would switch over to the default Magento theme (which no customization should have been done to it) and see if the pages work on that theme. If they do, it is a error in your custom theme. Most likely that error will be found in one of the files in the folders app/design/frontend/YOURBASE/YOURTHEME/template/checkout or /customer.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GoMageTeam
Guru

Total Posts:  356
Warsaw, Poland

tbradley22 - 01 June 2011 06:42 AM

I’m having the same issue as guruproj in 1.5 with a custom theme. Checkout page is totally blank but only for customers logged in. Works great for customers not logged in. I’m using Gomage Light Checkout Extension.

Hello guys,

Yes, our LightCheckout can be configured the way that only registered customers can place an order.
Nowadays, we have free extension called Social Connector. It makes the registration process easier, because it takes the data from the social networks such as Google, LinkedIn and Facebook and map the necessary fields with them.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community