Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Wishlist problems on custom template 1.4.2

runwaycloset

Total Posts:  19

I have been going through and testing everything on a site I need to hand over soon and I just cant get the wishlist stuff working.

The wishlist link at the top simply forwards you to the homepage. If I typie in /wishlist after the index.php I get to the page but the link at the top does not navigate me there. Ive tried finding it in serveral files customer etc but cant find it and fix it!

Last but not least once you get the the page on the link below the wishlist is completely blank. Even though I know I have 3 products on the current registered user!? It says (wishlist 3) at the top.

http://www.therunwaycloset.com/magento/index.php/wishlist

I copied the wishlist.xml file and wishlist folder from the BASE layout and template folders. Within my theme folder I have a default and Theme folder that both contain the layout and Template folders too. Confusing..

I’m hoping that I wont find to may issues with the site before I hand it over but generally this is my first Magento install and I’ve done quite a bit of customisation and its good stuff! The only issues seem to creep in when installing custom teampltes.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SpinOneSolutions

Total Posts:  57
Santa Monica, CA

Did you make changes to wishlist.xml?  If no, why copy it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

runwaycloset

I managed to make some headway! I had a play with the wishlist.xml file and Ive managed to get the Wishlist to show on the page BUT its down the left hand bar instead of being in the main page content.

I need this information to be in the main page content. Im pretty sure what I need to change is inside this simple bit of script?

<default>

<reference name=\"top.links\">
<block type=\"wishlist/links\" name=\"wishlist_link\"/>
<action method=\"addLinkBlock\"><blockName>wishlist_link</blockName></action>
</reference>

<!-- Mage_Wishlist -->
<reference name=\"left\">
<block type=\"wishlist/customer_sidebar\" name=\"wishlist_sidebar\" as=\"wishlist\" after=\"cart_sidebar\" template=\"wishlist/sidebar.phtml\"/>
</reference>

</default>

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpinOneSolutions

Santa Monica, CA

Change:

<reference name="left">

to

<reference name="content">

Magento Community
Magento Community

runwaycloset

After doing this it did turn up in the right place BUT when I went back to the website homepage it was there as well…

Something has gone wrong :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

SpinOneSolutions

Santa Monica, CA

Well, did you add the block to <default> or to a particular view?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bacci paintball

Total Posts:  16

You probably figured this out by now but my Wishlist page was showing up blank because in the layout folder for my theme it had an older version of the customer.xml which didn’t call the wishlist.xml.  After I got rid of the older customer.xml my wishlist started showing my products.
I hope this helps someone!
-Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Zeimon

Total Posts:  1

runwaycloset - 06 March 2011 03:08 PM

The wishlist link at the top simply forwards you to the homepage. If I typie in /wishlist after the index.php I get to the page but the link at the top does not navigate me there. Ive tried finding it in serveral files customer etc but cant find it and fix it!

I have the same problem.

How did you solve this?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community