Magento Forum

Turning off or disabling "Suspected Fraud" check on Magento orders

speedbird1229

Total Posts:  31

We are also having this issue. Very annoying. I commented the lines in ipn.php and payment.php so I can do all the tasks manually in Admin. However, the status of the order seems to stay Pending Payment in this case until shipped. Not very easy to keep track of orders this way.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzepf

Total Posts:  32

i wonder why magento has no solution for this… one of the most important functions is erroneous, so please magento developer team, do something to fix that

Magento Community
Magento Community

speedbird1229

Total Posts:  31

CONTINENT7, your fixed seemed to help on 1.6. Thanks so much! We are running already a Christmas campaign and it was driving me nuts already…

Magento Community
Magento Community

gilesbennett

Total Posts:  11

This has been happening to us, but only on international payments received through Paypal (even though the paid amount is exactly equal to the billed amount).

I’ve worked around it as follows :

1. Find the order in the sales_flat_order table, and change the “state” and “status” to “processing”.
2. Find both entries order in the sales_flat_order_status_history table and change the “status” to “processing”.
NB - there should be two entries, one with a status of “pending_payment” and the other with the status of “suspected fraud”.
3. Reindex data (no idea if this is necessary or not!).

In the order history table the order is still shown as being “suspected fraud”, however the buttons have all magically reappeared - if you invoice the customer, and then send the order email, the order should then be showing as “processing” and be back in line with your other orders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nht48823

Total Posts:  91

Yes we have the problem in the 1.6.1.0 Version. we are able to process the transaction. should i ignore it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

itsjeff

Total Posts:  8

Seeing this issue in a 1.5.0.1 site and another freshly upgraded 1.6.1.0.

All PayPal orders placed are being shown with the status “Suspected Fraud” although the transactions are captured and payment received in PayPal.

It’s a joke that the fixes here are ‘hacks’ to either disable fraud checking or simply manipulate things after the fact. Nothing against the community who’ve offered solutions, kudos to those who’ve created and shared them. I understand support is one of the huge perks for non-Community Edition users, but not everyone has clients willing or able to spend that type of money once, let alone annually. This is an important issue, out of the box, unrelated to custom themes or extensions. And as such should be reviewed and corrected by the Magento team.

My clients should not be seeing legitimate orders being marked as fraud, nor should their customers see theirs marked as such when reviewing their account and orders. In addition to this post I’ve submitted the issue to the bug tracker. Hopefully we can identify a proper resolution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gildoniel

Total Posts:  12

We still see the same problems running 1.6.2.0 - I’ll check all the problems with paypal directly and if they match I’m trying to disable Fraud checks alltogether (like shown for 1.5.1).

Magento Community
Magento Community

quanbit_soft

Total Posts:  2

Hi all,

I was having the same problem, and I tracked it down to this line in app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php (Line 1335);

protected function _isCaptureFinal($amountToCapture)
{
$orderGrandTotal = sprintf(\\\’%.2F\\\’, $this->getOrder()->getBaseGrandTotal());
if ($orderGrandTotal == sprintf(\\\’%.2F\\\’, ($this->getBaseAmountPaid() + $amountToCapture))) {

It was checking amounts with 4 decimals, but Paypal was sending them with only 2. I changed it to two and now works perfectly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jambam204

Total Posts:  7

alexsiri7 - 13 February 2012 04:14 AM

Hi all,

I was having the same problem, and I tracked it down to this line in app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Order/Payment.php (Line 1335);

protected function _isCaptureFinal($amountToCapture)
{
$orderGrandTotal = sprintf(\\\’%.2F\\\’, $this->getOrder()->getBaseGrandTotal());
if ($orderGrandTotal == sprintf(\\\’%.2F\\\’, ($this->getBaseAmountPaid() + $amountToCapture))) {

It was checking amounts with 4 decimals, but Paypal was sending them with only 2. I changed it to two and now works perfectly.

Just tried this and it didn’t work - are those the only 2 little edits you made? What version are you running?

Magento Community
Magento Community

arosenhagen

Darmstadt

we have the exact same issue. editing the Payment.php according to the previous post doesn’t help either.

Magento Community
Magento Community

amadex

Total Posts:  43

Anybody found the exact cause and/or the solution for this problem? In my situation the order amount was 100% discounted with a coupon, but remained the shipping to be paid by the customer. Despite the “Grand Total” was equal to the shipping value, the info Magento sent to PayPal was the tax value and not the shipping value… I really don’t understand why?!

Magento Community
Magento Community

daddyg

Total Posts:  77

Rhonda_Rondeau - 26 August 2011 08:01 AM

Hey guys sorry for the late response was just directed to this thread again.

IF you are still having issue please let me know which version.  I have a ticket that I put in when this issue started and team fixed and closed the issue in June.  I am on the late freight obviously.  :/ apologies for that.

Rhonda

Hi Rhonda

We’ve just upgraded from v1.3.2.3 to v1.6.2.0 and now get this Suspected fraud issue on every Paypal order.

This issue is NOT fixed and it was first reported back in v1.4.x, well over a year ago afaict.

Can you please ask the Magento development team to implement a fix for this urgently.  This looks terrible to our customers when they log into their accounts and see Suspected Fraud listed for their order.

If you need further info/logs etc I’ll be happy to supply it.

//To everyone else
Please post your request for a fix here.  The only way it will get fixed is if enough people kick up a fuss.  Take action Peeps.

Thanks

Graham

Magento Community
Magento Community

arosenhagen

Darmstadt

yes - we are also still getting this issue and we would REALLY like to get it fixed urgently!
we’ve also recently updated some magento-shops from 1.3 and 1.4 to the actual “stable” 1.6.2.0 and are not very happy with paypal either.

since magento is “owned” by the company behind paypal for quite a while now we really don’t understand, why such a highly critical issue isn’t addressed with high priority thoroughly.

PLEASE GET THIS FIXED!

Magento Community
Magento Community

daddyg

Total Posts:  77

Hi Rhonda

Please can you press the development team for a fix for this urgently, it is affecting every paypal order we take. 

This suspected fraud message is being seen by our customers and is losing us business.

Given magento are owned by Paypal, there really is no excuse for this not to work flawlessly.

I’d appreciate your reply on the forum thread above asap.

Kind regards,

Graham Cox

Magento Community
Magento Community

knight61

Total Posts:  14

I up graded from 1.3 to 1.6 last August and I have been plagued with the \"suspected fraud\” PayPal issue also.  My tech guy said to upgrade to 1.7. But I don\’t feel like spending more money just because magento cannot solve this problem.  This seems to be like throwing good money after bad.  Come on Magento team, get this fixed.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community