Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 8
Turning off or disabling "Suspected Fraud" check on Magento orders

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  924
Culver City

HEy guys, I had the team looking at this but we really need some of the paypal logs. If you have any please email me rhonda at magento dot com

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

entercompryan

Total Posts:  16

I found a sort of workaround.

I noticed that the orders weren’t being flagged as “Suspected Fraud” (or “Payment Review”, which is another annoying State for orders to be in) from the beginning—it would be flipped on at a random time (according to the Comments log).

So, since changing the fraud detect to false at order creation would be pointless, I made a CRON script.

Every 5 minutes on my server, this runs:

Mage::log("Cron - Running Fraud Quarantine");
$collection_of_orders Mage::getModel('sales/order')->getCollection();
$collection_of_orders->addFieldToFilter('status',array('fraud''payment_review'));
$logFile "fraud.log";
foreach(
$collection_of_orders as $order)

{
    Mage
::log("Suspected Fraud / Processing Review check: Changing order #" $order->getIncrementId() . " to \"Processing\"",null,$logFile);

$order Mage::getModel('sales/order')->loadByIncrementId($order->getIncrementId()); 

$order->setState(Mage_Sales_Model_Order::STATE_PROCESSINGtrue"[CRON] Order automatically changed to \"Processing\"")->save();

}
if(!count($collection_of_orders))

{
    Mage
::log("No fraud detected",null,$logFile);

}

I haven’t had a problem since smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

esleea

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

Can please share what you did exactly? Where to put that file? I’m experiencing the same problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

esleea

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

Never mind. I just put it in my cron.php file, in the root. And just run it manually when I need to.

Thanks for your solution. It works!

Magento Community
Magento Community

entercompryan

Yes, put it in cron.php. Or you can do what I do, and include/require a seperate “cronscripts.php” file at the end of cron.php, so you don’t have to worry about messing cron.php up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

Total Posts:  114

I have developed a real fix for this issue.  I have put a lot of effort into it & would like to be paid for my work.  Please PM me if you need this fixed properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

entercompryan

veracious - 02 April 2011 09:53 PM

I have developed a real fix for this issue.  I have put a lot of effort into it & would like to be paid for my work.  Please PM me if you need this fixed properly.

Please don’t use the misleading phrase ”a real fix” to describe what you’ve developed. The code I posted corrects the problem via CRON perfectly.

(and I was nice enough to help everyone out for free.....)

Magento Community
Magento Community

stu1903

Total Posts:  25

I also expreience this problem with some PayPal transactions but not all of them.

The money has cleared in my PayPal account but shows as ”Suspected Fraud” in the Magneto back end.

I go to the databse and change the status of the orders from ”Suspected Fraud” to ”Processing”. This allows me to create invoices and complete the order.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fbgreg

Total Posts:  2

Ditto.  Having the same issues with 1.5.  Rhonda, one of the Magento team members has requested Paypal logs so this issue can be resolved.  I suggest if you have the same issue, you send the logs through.

At least on the Japan version of the Paypal site they can be found at:

Products & Services -> Instant Payment Notification (under more products & services) -> IPN History Page

Greg

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

Yes our team is investigating it. If you have paypal logs please send them to me at rhonda at magento dot com smile

Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rhonda_Rondeau
Enthusiast

Culver City

I just wanted to make sure we were clear with the type of files we need:

In System > Configuration > PayPal - You should be able to enable “debug”.
This will save all operations log to files in var/log.  Those are the files that we need.

If you can provide us with your own and you are having suspected fraud issue, please email them to me at rhonda at magento dot com

Thanks!
Rhonda

Magento Community
Magento Community

7thSENSE Magento E-Commerce Systeme

Total Posts:  27
Stuttgart, München, Reutlingen

Hi Rhonda,

I did so. I hope some of the other thread writers follow your instructions and we can reproduce the issue very soon.

Greets,
Sebastian

Magento Community
Magento Community

fbgreg

Total Posts:  2

This might just be on my set-up, but I noticed this in the order summary.

Under comments history it has this message -> IPN “Completed”. Order is suspended as its capture amount $85.85 is suspected to be fraudulent. Transaction ID: ...

The order amount is actually $82.85, so somewhere along the line, an extra $3 is being added.  This $3 is being added to every order.  I have no idea where this is coming from.  It only seems to be related to one website as well.  I have two websites set up under the same install - the other uses a different currency (Japanese Yen) and orders aren’t generating the suspected fraud status.

I’m pretty sure at least in my case that this is the cause.  Now to fix it… smile

*** Edit

Turns out our client had set up shipping calculations for US Dollars in their Paypal account.  Will have to wait for a live transaction to see if this is the cause, but I’m almost positive it is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

Total Posts:  114

entercompryan - 12 April 2011 10:45 AM

veracious - 02 April 2011 09:53 PM

Please don’t use the misleading phrase ”a real fix” to describe what you’ve developed. The code I posted corrects the problem via CRON perfectly.

(and I was nice enough to help everyone out for free.....)

I am not trying to offend you and I appreciate your work in trying to help the community.  However continuously having a cron job run to change the status of the orders isn’t my definition of a perfect fix or even an actual fix for that matter.  It is a haphazard way of circumventing the real problem.  It is putting a bandage on a broken leg which may stop the bleeding but doesn’t fix the actual problem. 

Also this is definitely a bad idea if you are hosting your site on a cloud infrastructure such as Amazon AWS’s EC2 who will charge you by computer clock cycles. 

So for anyone looking for a fix to the actual problem feel free to contact me.  You could also put entercompryan’s band-aid on there and wait for magento to release a new version containing the fix.  With the amount of posts on this thread from Rhonda I would say that the Mage team is working on this one.

Magento Community
Magento Community

7thSENSE Magento E-Commerce Systeme

Total Posts:  27
Stuttgart, München, Reutlingen

Hi Rhonda,

any news to this issue?

I checked the total amounts of the fraudulent orders. The PayPal amount exactly matches the Magento amount.

So unfortunately this doesn’t solve the issue… confused

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 8