Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Amazon Checkout

guruproj

Total Posts:  76

ACCandT_Com - 29 April 2011 06:55 AM

We’ve one that works. Check it out at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/ACCandT_Com/extension/6509/inline__2nd_generation__checkout_by_amazon_

I’ve been looking into this extension and I have sent you questions via connect review, forum post (for this extension - http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/226729/) and emails via your website. But my reivew was deleted; forum post was never responsed and all emails got no replies (now it gets deleted too).

My questions are:

- Checkout by Amazon: does it support shopping cart rule promotion ($10 off when cart total is $50 etc)? Magento’s free ext won’t carry the after-discount value over to amazon side. And what about gift certificate ( Unirgy Giftcert)? Free one can’t carry total after gift cert either.

- Simple Pay: free extension’s simple pay doesn’t work. If yours works, does it support what I mentioned above as well? And where can I see the demo? Your demo site had only checkout by amazon sample.

I’d appreciate it if my questions can be answered, as I’m interested in this extension.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

orders1

Total Posts:  4

I had purchased an earlier version of this module a little over two weeks ago. There was no mention that a new, cheaper and more advanced version was about to come out. I had paid $249, but it looks like this version is $100.

I got a response after 24 hours asking for credentials to install and that they were not offering an “open source” solution. I had wanted the files to install myself since I am fairly capable and wanted to have an isolated backup in case I needed to reinstall or work in a dev environment or something.

Even so, I provided my credentials. He promised 24 hour install and I didn’t hear anything for 5 days. This concerned me since I wouldn’t have an isolated set of source code and a payment module is critical in a production system.

The response I got after 5 days was that my credentials were invalid to FTP to my site. I responded immediately showing exactly how to login and clarifying how to get access.

3 days later, there was an attempt to install the module but I was told there was a “conflict” with an existing module and so it was uninstalled. With 24-48 hour response time to my quick clarifications/follow-up and no status about what the heck was going on, I gave up at the two week mark.

YMMV.

I wish it had gone better since I really wanted to get this functionality. Instead, I am using the BETA Amazon integration. Checkout By Amazon seems to work fine. Simple Pay gives an error saying I have a null signature on the transmission. I’ve seen other people report this issue. Not sure what the solution is. I’d rather that CBA than nothing though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

guruproj

servin - 05 May 2011 03:16 AM

Checkout By Amazon seems to work fine. Simple Pay gives an error saying I have a null signature on the transmission. I’ve seen other people report this issue. Not sure what the solution is. I’d rather that CBA than nothing though.

CBA does not support any shopping cart rules, that’s why I hesitate to use it. It just seems bad to tell customers: hey you can now easily checkout with your amazon account, BUT, we won’t give you the discount if you use it!  I’d rather to wait for a reliable and consistent solution than grab anything is available...for a better customer experience.

It’s interesting how amazon wants merchants to use their payment system. yet doesn’t feel like working on the instruments that would help them.  It seems to amazon something basic is enough to get you into the door. After that, they couldn’t care less.

I’ve been submitted tons of posts/msgs to their forums and contact forms and didn’t get any further about the ASP signature issue. The support for ASP simply does not exist.

The paid amazon extension doesn’t sound promising at all according to your experiences. I hope they get better… But I probably won’t try it if i have to give them ftp to install. Open source or not, they need to figure out another way to deliver the product. But..on well, since they never answered any of my questions, I guess it’ll be a long time before I need to decide if give it a try. Maybe by then some other brilliant developer already contribute something that is actually WORKING for free or decent cost!

Magento Community
Magento Community

orders1

Total Posts:  4

Yes, I agree about CBA. I see that discounts are not working and my built in shipping options don’t not work. I’d like to have the option for Amazon checkout since I think it would help people check out more easily, but it is a huge hassle to configure things twice and have an inconsistent experience.

I’ve look at the code a little bit. It appears like it should work, in theory, with a call back to the store for discounts and shipping options, but I haven’t gotten that to work yet.

Magento Community
Magento Community

guruproj

Shipping works for me. But CBA does not support shopping cart rule is confirmed by amazon team.

Magento Community
Magento Community

winnay

Total Posts:  2

I tried installing it following the installation instructions provided, I couldn’t even get it to show “Checkout by Amazon” under Payment Methods. Am I doing something wrong? I uploaded the new_files in the same directory of where magento is installed, replaced the Payment.php. Nothing happens, cache cleared, indexed. I’m running 1.5.0.1

Thank you

mike - 26 March 2011 09:30 AM

this is directly from amazon (beta) but i have not tested it yet and don’t assume responsibility or even recommend it. 

i will test soon.

post your results

Magento Community
Magento Community

ethical

Total Posts:  11

ok So I installed the version posted earlier in this thread and it worked pretty well in 1.6 (however5 after order is completed on amazon page, it does NOT redirect back to the store or any success page so thats a bit awkward. SOOO i tried upgrading to the slightly newer release that amazon has from their seller central downloads section and basically the module appears in the admin area but the checkout button DSIAPPEARS on the cart page

so I went back to the old files and the button is back.....

does anyone test these things that they program? Does amazon not care at all about supporting its merchants?

anyone have any thoughts on getting the latest version working. Seems like they changed some of the logic in the link.phtml file and that changes things.

When i view the source of the site I see the link being called for the amazon checkout but its surrounding nothing so the BUTTON is my guess is not being called correctly.

so frustrating this cart.... if my client didnt need multi store i would have gone with presta in a heartbeat

J

Magento Community
Magento Community

CyclistSpots

Total Posts:  7

Don’t pay a cent for this! Its free!

Yes the one provided by Amazon supports cart rules!

I using it on 1.6 com

Magento Community
Magento Community

CyclistSpots

Total Posts:  7

!! WARNING!! If you want to loose sales, this is a sure way to do it. After a customer logs into Amazon, Amazon will recommend products that the customer viewed on your site! Check on it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Iclicknetwork

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

Please check this one if can help?

Magento Amazon Fulfillment Extension

Hope it can help you

Thank you,
Tuan

Magento Community
Magento Community

crates

Total Posts:  10

RoverGuy - 03 December 2011 11:55 AM

!! WARNING!! If you want to loose sales, this is a sure way to do it. After a customer logs into Amazon, Amazon will recommend products that the customer viewed on your site! Check on it.

1) Stay on topic. This thread is about HOW to integrate your products with Amazon Fulfillment; not whether or not you SHOULD.

2) Since you brought it up… your hypothesis here is asinine. People already KNOW Amazon exists, and many customers will compare your prices against it either way. Many times they will outrank your product pages in the search engines, as well. Your best bet is to have the best pricing possible so you can out-compete other sellers for the same product on Amazon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

merchantos

Total Posts:  5

It’s working without any obvious issues on one of my test sites running 1.4.1.x

Magento Community
Magento Community

Appmerce
Guru

Total Posts:  376
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

We developed an Amazon Simple Pay Standard extension for Magento:

Works with Signature V2, immediate return, (partial) refunds, IPN notification and NO Amazon branding on your site. Feel free to ask questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mageixllc

New York

We, the team at Mageix, have been listening to Magento users’ concerns about the unavailability of a stable module to fully support integration of Checkout By Amazon into Magento. After a long time of paying attention to user’s concerns pertaining to this issue and an equally long time of painstakingly engineering a solution that addresses most, if not all, of the users’ concerns, we are very pleased to announce that the solution is finally here. This solution is IXCBAâ„¢. IXCBAâ„¢ supports both Standard & Inline (2nd Generation) Checkout By Amazon, supports shopping cart promotions, and supports Magento versions from 1.4.0.0 through to current 1.6.2.0 and is backed by a team of friendly and enthusiastic customer support personnel and engineers. IXCBA is hassle-free, well-supported, and works out of box. You can find more information at http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/developer/mageixllc#extensions

Magento Community
Magento Community

mageixllc

New York

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community