Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I import categories with the SOAP API so they actually show up in admin and on website? 

kevin123

Total Posts:  27

Hello,

I am having trouble importing categories into magento using the soap/xmlrpc web service. I can add categories using the webservice and it returns the newly created category id. However, the category does not show up anywhere in the administration nor in the navigation menus on the public website.

If I manually build an adminstration edit category URL and include the newly returned category id, the edit category form populates with the proper category.

Very stange.. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have dumped the cache and this hasnt fixed it.

Below is the code I am using

<?
$client 
= new SoapClient("http://domain-name/api/?wsdl");        
$session $client->login("import""password-goes-here");            

// Category Data

$data = array(

'name' => "New Category",

'is_active' => 1,
);

$id $client->call($session"category.create", array(1$data1));

echo 
$id;
?>

Any help, would be greatly appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

pezomatic

Total Posts:  190

bummp

Magento Community
Magento Community

hmpierson

Total Posts:  101

when you say you “cleared cache...”

did you hit the “Refresh Now” button for Layered Navigation? I needed to do that to get my new category to show up even in the Admin.

Image Attachments
layered.PNG

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community