Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t display totals (getChildHtml(’totals’) and renderTotals)

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

My custom template is not displaying the totals information on the index.php/checkout/cart/ (site/app/design/frontend/default/templateName/template/checkout/cart.phtml).  Line 118 is the line that is not working:

117 <div class="shopping-cart-totals">

//the line below
118    <?php  echo $this->getChildHtml('totals'); ?>
119    <?php 
if(!$this->hasError()): ?>
<ul class="checkout-types">
121        <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('methods'?>
</ul>
123    <?php endif; ?>
</div>

I’ve checked my default template and the page displays properly, the totals are listed above the bottom “proceed to checkout button”.

I’m also having a similar issue with my multi-address checkout, /index.php/checkout/multishipping/overview/ (site/app/design/frontend/default/templateName/template/checkout/multishippingoverview.phtml), the totals will not display below the items table.  It does however display on the default template.  The image attached demonstrates this, with the default template being the one on the left and my custom template on the right.  The line responsible for displaying this table is line 119:

116  <?php endif; ?>
</thead>
118     <tfoot>

//this line below
119  <?php   echo $this->renderTotals($this->getShippingAddressTotals($_address)); ?>
</tfoot>

121    <tbody>

I currently have the line commented out because this line is causing the page to break, nothing below this code will display.

If anyone has experienced this problem and has a solution or perhaps some alternate code or functions I can use that would be appreciated.

Image Attachments
shipMultiReview.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

The topic and post have been completely edited so I feel a bump is in order.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community