Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.3.2.4 - 1.5.0.1 Fails with a 501 server configuation problem

ukgoods

Total Posts:  44

I am at my wits end.  I have tried every which way but loose to upgrade my staging site to 1.5 (also to 1.4).  Each time, the upgrade fails with a 501 page.

Here are the steps I have taken:

1. Dump my live database
2. Import using mysql into my staging database
3. Search and replace all instances of www.ukgoods.com to staging.ukgoods.com
4. Empty the session table
5. Run the Magento database repair utility against the new staging database to fix all problems.
6. Download 1.5.0.1 and run the install pointing it to my staging database.

It will run for about 5 minutes and then fail with a 501 server configuration problem.

When I install 1.5.0.1 to a blank database it completes.  When I install 1.5.0.1. to a “virgin” 1.3.2.4 database it completes.  I can only assume there is something wrong with my data and it is corrupted.  I really do not want to lose all my sales data when I upgrade.

How can I check my actual data to see where the problem lies?  Is there anyway to export my sales data and then import it into a 1.5.0.1 database using import/export profiles? 

Thanks for any help!

Donna

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community