Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upgrade from 0.6.14100 to 1.16, additional images are not appearing in frontend or backend.  Please help. 

shals

Total Posts:  7

Hi,

I was running version 0.6.14100 of Magento for last 8-9 months and recently upgraded to latest version 1.16.  Everything went fine in upgrade except for the additional images (more views) of the products.  Please help me resolve this problem.

Earlier I used to upload thumbnail, small image and main image for a product.  Similarly I used to upload large image and thumbnail for additional views.  However after upgrade, the main image is appearing fine but all the additional images of the products have disappeared.  All I see is a random number of empty boxes in more views on the product details page.

See snapshots I have attached. 

Please help to resolve this issue - I am live with Magento.

Thanks,

Shals

Image Attachments
mage_err1.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

shals

I am also posting here the snapshot of the backend - image upload section of the product manager - I cannot see the additional images I used to have earlier.

Image Attachments
mage_err2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

shals

Ok, god helps those who help themselves!

I fixed the issue and I would suggest that the Magento team takes a note of this for a probable inclusion in subsequent fixes.

Step 1 - The media/upload directory is no longer used.  The new version is looking for additional (more view) images in the media/product folder.  Therefore I moved all my images in media/upload/0 (main image) folder to media/product folders using the mv command

The new version has created two new entities for media gallery “catalog_product_entity_media_gallery” and “catalog_product_entity_media_gallery_value”.  First entity contains list of additional images and second entity contains whether an image is enabled or disabled.  Earlier there was only one entity “catalog_product_entity_gallery”

Step 2 - Copy all media table entries from legacy entity “catalog_product_entity_gallery” to new entity “catalog_product_entity_media_gallery” using a command like

insert into catalog_product_entity_media_gallery (value_id,attribute_id,entity_id,valueselect null,attribute_id,entity_id,value from catalog_product_entity_gallery where store_id=0;
.  Before doing this, make sure you empty the table “catalog_product_entity_media_gallery” by running
delete from catalog_product_entity_media_gallery
- please use this command at your risk and always backup your database before such hacks.  Also note that I only copied the rows where store id is 0 otherwise additional images will appear as many times as there are stores in your web site.

Step 3 - The new version has a new attribute set called media gallery whose attribute_id is 987.  Legacy attribute_id for additional images was 271.  Therefore I changed the attribute_id value in the newly filled “catalog_product_entity_media_gallery” entity by running

update catalog_product_entity_media_gallery set attribute_id=987 where attribute_id=271;

After these changes, all my additional images of the products were restored.  The product details pages was showing all additional images and the backed admin started working fine as well.

Comments of whether this was right approach or not are solicited.

Cheers@

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community