Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Make Web Site Changes Easier

messa21

Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone...I want to build a web store utilizing magento. I want to purchase a template to get started. I have no prgramming experience but I am technical. Is there a magento extension that allows you to alter your web page, like dreamweaver would do, but in a more friendly manner.

Probably not but I figured I would ask ask. I’m kind of stuck because I want to buy a template and would pay someone to quickly customize it but I am nervouse that once the site is up and running there will be issues that I wont be able to solve thus will be spending loads of money on developers to solve the issue.

Any advice would be appreciated as I really want to utilize magento.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Sometimes even small (for the first view) changes may lead to the significant development efforts. But if you don’t try you will newer know.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wmcmusic

Total Posts:  56

if you are thinking of changing the look and feel that much this may not be a good thing. 

are you talking about adding new pages and adverts and such or are you talking about being able to change the entire design and layouts yourself.

ideally you should choose a layout, select a theme. and then you would have designated blocks in that theme that are easily changeable.  Aheadworks do some good modules that allow easy changing of ads and banners.  with regards to your theme.  This is part of your whole brand so i wouldnt say you want to be changing that all the time.

What are you envisaging doing?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community