Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Simple product - Custom Options = Quantity

jonw101

Total Posts:  73

I too am in need of this. Any progress?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

justintime67

Total Posts:  188

i need this so bad!!! Anyone come across a solution?? I am willing to pay money to manage inventory of simple products with custom options..

Magento Community
Magento Community

abarrell

Total Posts:  2

I have built a couple ecommerce stores and it blows my mind to think that Magento doesnt allow easy use for product options quantity.

I am looking to build a online clothing store and obviously I will need to have the ability to add product options to specific products and give them all specific quantities.

ie.  Printed Tee - Size S - 5qty
Size M - 5qty
Size L - 8qty

When an item is also purchased the stock quantity would then need to be automatically adjusted.

I thought this would have been standard procedure for all ecommerce platforms.

I really need to know if there is a solution to this? There has to be an easy and time efficient way of doing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

naturalcrusader

Total Posts:  16

abarrell - 08 December 2010 09:03 PM

I have built a couple ecommerce stores and it blows my mind to think that Magento doesnt allow easy use for product options quantity.

I am looking to build a online clothing store and obviously I will need to have the ability to add product options to specific products and give them all specific quantities.

ie.  Printed Tee - Size S - 5qty
Size M - 5qty
Size L - 8qty

When an item is also purchased the stock quantity would then need to be automatically adjusted.

I thought this would have been standard procedure for all ecommerce platforms.

I really need to know if there is a solution to this? There has to be an easy and time efficient way of doing this?

it is built in, just a pain in the butt.  you have to create some attributes (ie shirt size and color).  make them drop downs, put all your values in there.  then you have to make them configurable (when you create it gives you option when you select drop down at bottom of page).  after you save you have to make a new attribute set - call it shirt_size_color or something.

then you have to create simple products from the shirt_size_color.  in it you select the shirt size and color (you have to do this for all your items) make sure you set qty, status, in stock, and website or you won’t see it.  do this for all of your options.  then create a configurable product from shirt-size_color and add all of those items (last option on bottom of left menu).  make sure you put instock and status available on this item as well. 

there you go.  if you run out of one just open up that simple product and restock it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jerry Guo

Total Posts:  85
china

I have thought about the custom option associate with qty.

I can get a stock list everyday if stock changed, like sample.csv.

SKU Sizes Qty
11111 S 5
11111 M 2
11111 L 10
11112 S 3
11113 XL 8

the extension filter by sku , and custom option show only stocking options, we only change stocking list file if products stocking change. no database change, does it a good solution.

I hope someone develop the extension as well. I will donate.

Magento Community
Magento Community

xinhaozheng

Total Posts:  107

simple product with custom option is good,however,when a simple product come with ten + custom option item,then 1000 simple product will result in 30 000 records in database.

i thought maybe a popup picker can save this work and database.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sajeena123

Total Posts:  34

ANy Progress on this ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

joehahn

Total Posts:  2

Try using grouped product. This is the url : tutorial-creating-a-grouped-product

Magento Community
Magento Community

necroshine

Total Posts:  5

magextend - 22 July 2010 02:12 PM

Hi,

Our team just released a new extension which allows you to edit configurable product easly.
Learn more at http://www.magextend.com/fastproductmanager.html
To try the demo contact us for admin access.

Magento connect page : http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/magextend/extension/4065/fastproductmanager

Best regards

Hi
your module is supporting for 1.3 and 1.4 magento
if you can write for 1.7 too then i pay

Thnks

Magento Community
Magento Community

greatmartin

Total Posts:  1

After installation Configurable Product Hints extension I had an opportunity to use pop-up window what shows much information (sizes, qtys, stock status) about configurable products for my customers from category page immediately. Also it shows a lot of useful info on product’s page.http://www.magalter.com/configurable-attributes-manager.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hi

I would recommend you to check IMAGES AS CUSTOM OPTIONS extension. Please check its full description and the example site. There you will see how it works when changing Color, size, qty, and many other options for one and multiple items.
It is simple in use and can be customized/ supported at request.

Magento Community
Magento Community

carlosrob4

Total Posts:  67

Checkout this extension for custom option based on CSV by Fme. 

Read details - Magento Custom product options

View Demo

Magento Community
Magento Community

Best4Mage

Total Posts:  3
Leiden

Although this is an older topic we have created an extension that does the trick! Look at http://www.best4mage.com/magento-easy-configurable-product-matrix.html

With this extension you can easily create simple products on the fly from within a matrix. In our newest version you can even upload the different images from the simple associated products from within the matrix.

Furthermore you can manage stock, visibility, auto create SKU and set price of simple product! To make this price show up in the frontend you can use our other extension http://www.best4mage.com/configurable-products-use-simple-price.html that show the proce of the simple product, so no more playing with price additions.

Best regards,
Best4Mage

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hi

This Images as Custom Options extension works with the Simple products only, does not require creating additional products for adding more options to a product, you will be able to achieve the advanced and flexible functionality using Custom Options tab, it enables to use only one product image as a base for all further size, color, etc adjustments.

Your store will be equipped with the advanced set of custom options applicable for a simple product:
- Add any number of required options such as: styles, types, colors (specify title, price, select image per option)
- Set the sort order to adjust to order of options appearance on the page
- Add several images to have the main product picture updated according to the selected color or anything else.
- Price is set for each option individually and the total is updated once an option is selected
- Flexible Size option settings
- Fully AJAX driven product page
- and many more

Check the product page to find an example website. Test simple product link can be checked as well; the extension will work with any kind of product type configurator: clothing, doors, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Please check the following Custom options CSV pricing magento module that offers the required functionality. You can create set of options for which quantity can be added from a CSV file, these options can be images as well, learn more here,

Dynamic Custom Options Pricing FME Magento Extension

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2