Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Simple product - Custom Options = Quantity

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hello

The simple products is great (simple like me) but I would love to see an add on that when you add a size or colour or what ever to the custom options that you can also add how many of that size or colour you have, I know this would be hard if you had to cross both items but if you only had it for a single custom option that would be great.

Not sure if anyone else agrees this would be helpful but it would save a lot of messing around by adding sizes and quantity the way we have to do it at the moment..

Ta

Dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cybernettik

Total Posts:  1

I’ve recently come upon this exact same problem and would like to know if there was a fix for this?

Thank you,

Neal

Magento Community
Magento Community

TIpsy

Total Posts:  2

I agree with you guys. Configurable products doesn’t make sense if we have only one option to choose from. The Custom Options have SKU and price but OMG if there is quantity then it would be awesome. If say we have 5 sizes of a particular kind of shirt then making 5 simple products is too tiresome in my opinion. Its not configuration but choosing size after all. What do you say Magento? Is there a extension that can provide this functionality i am ready to buy smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

sthompson

Total Posts:  28

I am looking for this option too.  I would like there to be a Qty: field next to a custom option item instead of only allowing one item.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SamUK

Total Posts:  8
Kingston Upon Thames

I absolutely agree, this is something I really need for my store.

Of course a way round it is to create a product for each of the options, then group these. But that is very time consuming.

Does anyone know if this has been achieved?

Cheers,
Sam

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alains

Yes, I too require a feature that allows me to control stock down to the product attribute level i.e. size and colour.

Example:

Product A - Colour: Blue, Size: Small - Qty: 5
Product A - Colour: Blue, Size: Medium - Qty: 10
Product A - Colour: Blue, Size: Large - Qty: 7
Product A - Colour: Green, Size: Small - Qty: 5
Product A - Colour: Green, Size: Large - Qty: 15

I don’t think this would be a straight forward task.

The quantity field would need to be set against a comnibation of product attribute values i.e. colour:green and size:small - Qty:15

Is this something Magento is thinking of introducing in future versions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

muzafar

Total Posts:  60
Lahore

Hi all,

i facing a problem in custom option in simple product . when i add the custom option that not add more than 4 option but on my local system that work fine. but not work only.

i can not understand what is problem

please tell me if any one know about this.

thank

Magento Community
Magento Community

AnneLise

Total Posts:  154
Bergen, Norway

Anything new on this?

I actually can’t believe that Magento does not have this feature built-in.  I mean, apart from downloadable products - who does NOT need this feature?

As it is now, I need to manually update the site every time I run out of a size.  ANd it is also a problem when customers buy 2 medium size shirts, and I only have one in stock (e.g. b/c all the other ones are large).

OsCommerce, Zen cart and the other big ones supports this.  WHy is it so hard in Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

soquinn

Anyone find a solution to this?

laqua - 28 January 2010 12:04 PM

Anything new on this?

I actually can’t believe that Magento does not have this feature built-in.  I mean, apart from downloadable products - who does NOT need this feature?

As it is now, I need to manually update the site every time I run out of a size.  ANd it is also a problem when customers buy 2 medium size shirts, and I only have one in stock (e.g. b/c all the other ones are large).

OsCommerce, Zen cart and the other big ones supports this.  WHy is it so hard in Magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nschneider

Total Posts:  5

Any word on this yet?  I am needing also for similar products available in different flavors.  I dont mind having each product as a unique SKU (must have for inventory purposes) but it would be helpful for the customer to be viewing any flavor and then in a dropdown be able to look at the other flavors available and add a different flavor right from the dropdown to the cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magextend

Total Posts:  23
France Lyon

Hi,

Our team are currently developping an extension to simplify the management of quantity and price values of configurable product.

Here is an overview :
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4360/capture2xx.png

All the changes are done by AJAX request.
Do you have specific functionality that you love to see integrated into this module?

Regards,
Magextend

Magento Community
Magento Community

aladamapee

Total Posts:  14

Hi
Thanks for sharing detailed information and links.....wish you very best of luck

Magento Community
Magento Community

Edde

Total Posts:  1

Maybe this article helps?

Tutorial: Creating a Configurable Product

Magento Community
Magento Community

magextend

Total Posts:  23
France Lyon

Hi,

Our team just released a new extension which allows you to edit configurable product easly.
Learn more at http://www.magextend.com/fastproductmanager.html
To try the demo contact us for admin access.

Magento connect page : http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/magextend/extension/4065/fastproductmanager

Best regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

jmlee

Total Posts:  53

Did anybody found a solution to this problem?

I looked at magextend’s solution, but cannot figure out whether that is a solution to the problem.  would love to see if anyone actually used that extension.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mafareed

Total Posts:  11

Configurable products is not a solution for this, bcoz it\’s too much work for the admin and too much products in the DB. Can\’t anyone come up with a extension for custom options to hav inventory feature rather than making the configurable product mire simple. Configurable products are useless.

Magento team please look in to this in the next release. Don\’t tel me to use configurable products, it is not good enough.... come on guys u can do better.

If anyone has a code hack or something please post it here. Many folks need this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2