Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.4.2 to 1.5.0 - Product association not working in Config. Prod. 

SvenW

Total Posts:  29

Hi all,
I posted this issue once, but the post has disappeared?

When one of our stores was upgraded to 1.5.0 (and now 1.5.0.1) Configurable products aren\\\’t possible anymore.
The Configurable itself can be created but none of the functions in Associated Products creates the link between the Configurable and the Siimple Product. The Simple product actually is created but never connected.

There\\\’s a significant difference;
Simple products created before the upgrade can be associated to a new Configurable product and existing ones.
Simple products made after the upgrade can\\\’t be associated to any Configurable product.

There must be a difference in how the products are stored, I tried to run the Adminhtml from 1.4.2 after the upgrade and then the code complains about EAV-tables.
It seems I have to go back to 1.4.2 as the web-shop is nothing but Configurables… :(

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SvenW

It seems that Bundle Products are defunct as well. Grouped products work though.

For example I see no data inserted in catalog_product_relation when a new Simple Product is associated. When I search for an existing Simple Product and associate it a row really is inserted.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SvenW

As usual in the magento forum the best replier is yourself… wink
For info. If this happens someone else.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5156021/cannot-associate-simple-products-in-a-configurablemag

Magento Community
Magento Community

sotirios

Total Posts:  13

Hello i have the same problem can you please be more descriptive of what changes do i have to do and in which files in order to have assocciated products in a configurable product?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

dealerpower

Total Posts:  21

Check your attribute settings. Make sure the attribute is set to ALL PRODUCT TYPES and is not mandatory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gavh

Total Posts:  26

I’m having issues with this too on one of my live sites.. I upgraded and now I cannot associate a NEW SIMPLE product to any of my configurable products, it just doesn’t find them when searching. I can tell as when I order the available associated products by ID and do descending, the available products stops at the last product BEFORE the upgrade..

ie. ID 21039 is available but 21040 which I added AFTER the upgrade cannot be attached?

I’ve cleared ALL INDEXES, refreshed ALL CACHES, optimized the database and repaired it, I still cannot work out what is happening?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community