Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

From 1.4.2 to 1.5.0.1 - Configurable products aren’t possible

SvenW

Total Posts:  29

After the upgrade of a store, it’s impossible to create Configurable products.
The Configurable itself can be created, but no associated product can be generated. I’ve tried all functions in the Associated part with no luck. Even if the Simple products are created individually it’s impossible to associate them.
If I use the fast Quick simple product creation tool (in the middle of the Assoc. page) the Super product attributes configuration appears but no item is in the procuct list. If I go back to the products grid and re-open the product, the associated options are empty again.

There’s a difference in products though:
Products created before the upgrade can be associated to a new Configurable.
Products created after the upgrade cannot be associated to any Configurable

Am I the only one experiencing this?
The whole catalog is nothing but Configurables… :(

Regards,
Sven

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sotirios

Total Posts:  13

Same problem here in clear installation with 1.5.0.1 i can’t insert assocciated products to my configurable products…

If i try to create first my simple products that i want to associate then magento doesn’t let me to create the configurable product, because in the add product page all the fields are missing…

So i have first to create the configurable product and then the simple products but when i return back to my configurable product in the “Associated Products” tab i cant find any product…

Anyone else with a solution in 1.5.0.1 and configurable products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dealerpower

Total Posts:  21

I am experiencing the same issue on a fresh install of Magento 1.5.0.1 with configurable products not working. Unable to associate simple products to a configurable product. No products appear in the product list after using the quick create under associated products tab. I have submitted this as a bug to Magento and they are unable to duplicate this issue on their test servers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington2

Total Posts:  63

Im having the same problem, although I have a seperate install of Magento 1.5 on the same reseller account which seems to be working fine. I just cant remember how I created the associated products in the working version, has anyone found a soolution to this yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington2

As often happens, as soon as I post on here I seem to figure out a solution,

create your configurable product and then create the seperate products by using the top option on:

Create Simple Associated Product > Copy from configurable

When the new product has been created its automatically assigned in the associated products box at the bottom.

Its most likely that using the auto methods is duplicating an attribute that needs to be unique but the duplicate isnt, Ill look into this

Hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Are you guys having this issue is with database that is freshly new for v1.5.0.1 or an upgraded database from previous version?

Also, in the admin/Index Management, are you able to do “Category Products Indexed category/products association “ reindex?

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington2

On mine, the configurable attribute is ‘size’

When I auto create the products that dont work the ‘size’ doesnt seem to save, if I go back into these products once created and set the size again I can then go bvack to the configurable prod and press refresh on the associated list and then my products are there and selectable.

I wish all magento problems could be fixed so quickly wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

placebot

Total Posts:  29

I solved the problem with :
http://www.naveenos.com/2011/01/fatal-error-call-to-undefined-method-mage_adminhtml_block_widgetgetrowurl-in-magneto-1-4-2/

Magento Community
Magento Community

designTun

Total Posts:  3

I found a solution here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5156021/cannot-associate-simple-products-in-a-configurable
thanks, sven!

Magento Community
Magento Community

cemalden

Total Posts:  7

I have a same issue on Magento ver. 1.7.0.2. When I try to create configurable products, “Quick Create” button doesn’t work.  I check console.log it says Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘quickCreateNewProduct’ of undefined

And also I just downloaded magento error log file and it points out below line.

a:5:{i:0;s:63:"You cannot define a correlation name ‘color_idx’ more than once";i:1;s:3755:"#0

Any idea how I can figure this out??

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community