Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

uk payment soutions for magento ver 1.5.0.1

konteaki

Total Posts:  2

Hi i am developing a new webstore with Magento 1.5.0.1
Has anyone had any success with any of the uk payment solutions
like sagepay or worldpay on ver 1.5.0.1 yet as the available addon seem to be for version 1.4 etc?

My old oscommerce site uses worldpay and paypal so i have a worldpay merchant account but i had an email from worldpay
some months ago saying RBS WorldPay has made an enhancement to MD5, a security feature which prevents unauthorised tampering of the transaction submission parameters sent by merchants using the HTML Redirect service (formerly Select Junior). This is an essential change, which is being made to improve the security of our payment service.

not sure how this will effect the worlpay extension.

but i am considering trying sagepay.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

gold682

Total Posts:  2

I’m in the same boat. I am rebuilding my osCommerce site to a Magento store v1.5.0.1 and need the SagePay Form payment module (currently in use on my osCommerce site). However, I can find no evidence that the SagePay Form from msinternet will work with v1.5.

Has anyone given it a go with the latest version of magento?

The Magento solution is perfect for upgrading our store from osCommerce, BUT the lack of payment modules for it in the UK does somewhat let it down.

Anyone prepared to give it a go with 1.5? I don’t want to ‘cos i’ve already done a lot of work configuring my site and don’t want to break it by adding an extension that has’nt been approved for 1.5, as it seems a bit of hassle to undo.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tim Riley

Total Posts:  18
Scarborough, UK

Not sure about 1.5 compatability.  I’ve been using SagePay on 1.4.1 for 4 months via Pod1’s extension.  The extension bolted on smoothly and allows you to process refunds from within Magento backend.  There may be an upgrade to this in future for 1.5?
I understand that ebizmarts offer a more fully functioning extension that allows you to process mail order MOTO payments directly via Magento admin - this would be useful.

The trouble is actually at Sagepay’s end.  They have suffered significant technical problems, most noticeably over the last 3 days.  The system has been down repeatedly and the “MySagePay”, dashboard has also been inaccessable periodicaly preventing me from seeing whether payments have processed or not.  This is very frustrating to say the least!  I’m on the lookout for a backup system to run alongside Sagepay so I can switch over in times like these.

There do not seem to be many other options besides Paypal Pro for accepting card payments on Magento in the UK.  CardSave advertise magento compatability with 1.4 so I’m going to get some more details.  I have seen Barclays and HSBC extensions but these have not had much uptake yet from what I can gather.  Any suggestions are most welcome.

Wall Mirrors

Magento Community
Magento Community

drewclarke

Total Posts:  17

I’e been talking to these guys after a friend recommended then to me, (he runs 200-300 transactions a day and swear by them) http://www.iridiumcorp.co.uk/

They don’t do a module for 1.5 yet, but i’m sure if a few people start making some noise they will consider it. If you are still in a contract with Sagepay they will give you a free account until that contract expires.

The backends much more comprehensive and easier to use than SagePay.

Magento Community
Magento Community

drewclarke

Total Posts:  17

I\’e been talking to these guys after a friend recommended then to me, (he runs 200-300 transactions a day and swear by them) http://www.iridiumcorp.co.uk/

They don\’t do a module for 1.5 yet, but i\’m sure if a few people start making some noise they will consider it. If you are still in a contract with Sagepay they will give you a free account until that contract expires.

The backends much more comprehensive and easier to use than SagePay.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tim Riley

Total Posts:  18
Scarborough, UK

Thanks for that.  Will check them out

Bathroom Mirrors - mirror-mirror.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dx3webs

Total Posts:  178

Dont forget that even paypal standard will allow you to take funds via credit even if the user has no paypal account.

Also, someone mentioned that moneybookers was worth trying after the sagepay disaster.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community