Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Please can I have some advise on how to best improve my store

Pari

Total Posts:  88

Please can you visit my site, http://www.simplyearplugs.co.uk. Although I am acutally quite happy with the actual product page itself, I would really like some advice and if at all possible some links to apps or a design that I can take advantage of to help improve my site.

As I know it looks pretty awful, there is no need to hold back on your comments, as all are welcomed!

Regards. Pari.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Robertshaw
Guru

Total Posts:  485
Bath, UK

Hi Parl,

Don’t be so negative, I think you’ve actually got quite a nice design there! I can’t think of many improvements. 

I was checking out this page:  http://www.simplyearplugs.co.uk/macks-aquablock-ear-plugs.html

- There seems to be quite a lot of white space in the description.  Is this necessary?  It makes it more difficult to read.
- With the product name being grey, I’m not sure it stands as well as it could do.
- Double clicking on the product image brings up a version which is too large.
- There are no reviews in the design of the page so when I click “be the first to review this product”, it takes me to another page which you probably don’t want customers to visit in its current form.

I like the lightbox on the more views and the share buttons smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pari

Total Posts:  88

Thank you Tom for your kind words. I really want to make the homepage look more like a store and more appealing as it looks a little bit clustered at the moment.

Regarding the white space, yes, you are right that I need to get rid of it.

Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated.

Pari.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tom Robertshaw
Guru

Total Posts:  485
Bath, UK

No worries.  Yes, perhaps the home page could do with some work.  I’m not a big fan of the box that appears when you hover over images, it doesn’t really add much and is a bit distracting.

The product listing div could do with some padding around it (which might mean having to make it a bit smaller), as it’s right up to the left sidebar and the slider images.

The styling of the latest posts needs adapting so that it fits into the rest of the theme. It’s using many different fonts and the blue doesn\’t match the blue on the rest of the site.

The brands red heading box isn’t the same width as the others.  The logos of the brands make the page feel a bit messy as well, perhaps making them all the same size and/or centering them would make them look tidier?

The description text of the 6th product appears to be a different style (larger) than the rest for some reason.

Hope that helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

smartosc

Total Posts:  76
Ha Noi, Viet Nam

Really want to give you some comments but it seems your store is down for the moment :( Are you in the updating process?

Jade.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community