Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What is involved with going from a Magento Enterprise edition (1.8) to a Magento Community edition? 

beejaye

Total Posts:  11

I am working with a customer who has a Magento Enterprise ecommerce site. He only has a few products, so he is feeling that the Enterprise solution is an overkill right now (especially given the price). Plus, he isn\’t really using any of the additional modules offered within the Enterprise solution, such as the gift registry.

Does anyone have experience with going from a Magento Enterprise edition to a Magento Community edition? What is involved, and what considerations do we need to take into account?

I will admit I am a new to Magento, as I was brought in to do SEO - not Magento coding.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

It will be needed to transfer design template and products.

Do you have any 3rd party modules or customization in current Magento Enterprise?

If you will any help with this task, feel free to contact us.

Magento Community
Magento Community

beejaye

Total Posts:  11

Thanks so much for your reply! If we didn’t have any customizations or 3rd party modules, does anyone know if it would take hours, days, weeks or years to move from Enterprise to Community? And, for those who have gone through this - have you seen any downside?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

isumi

Total Posts:  21

good question! I also am looking for the solution here, how to downgrade Magento Enterprise 1.9 to 1.4.x or 1.5.x Community Edition.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stevek7b

Total Posts:  13

Magento Enterprise edition sounds like an overpriced magento community edition, theres absolutely no point paying such outrageous prices for a shopping cart, unless your Samsung or Lenovo. Besides its basically the same thing, slapped with the pci compliance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

stevek7b - 09 April 2011 09:35 PM

Magento Enterprise edition sounds like an overpriced magento community edition, theres absolutely no point paying such outrageous prices for a shopping cart, unless your Samsung or Lenovo. Besides its basically the same thing, slapped with the pci compliance.

Magento Enterprise have some great features, but I agree that it rather expensive system.

As a solution you can purchase Magento Pro or Magento Go.

Magento Community
Magento Community

campsaver

Total Posts:  28
Logan, Utah USA

has anyone successfully downgraded form Enterprise Edition to community?

I want to know how hard it is and what it takes?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gbutiri

Total Posts:  1

We’re in the process of doing so. We’ve been in the process of doing so for the past 2 months. We have 3rd party modules (that were originally made for Enterprise Edition), and a LOT of customization, including a flash file that refers to enterprise folders.

We’re still nowhere near the end, as the product import process is a painfully exhausting one, especially when using rapid flow because they have tens of thousands of products which would take forever with basic magento import/export.

I swear, it would have been faster to build the damn thing in PHP.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community