Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magneto Back Office users limited to a store

lugobox

Total Posts:  61

Hey guys,

Im new at magento i’m moving all my previous prestashops into one nice magento store, only problem i get now is that i want to give access to some backoffice users but to certain stores for example

Store A - > user.a
StoreB - > user.b

so they cant see each other and they cant see each other store… how can i do this? under roles there is nothing about limiting by stores they i know of

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sboeconnect

Total Posts:  27
India

Hi,

Magento Admin provides us many flexibilities. Most flexible is managing the multiple websites and web stores from a single Admin Panel. But in terms of managing back office Magento lacks in many ways as this is a typical eCommerce platform.

1. Proper Inventory Management and purchase planning can’t be done through Magento.
2. Accounting Management is not present in Magento.
3. Generate financial reports like balance sheet, P/L Statement, Trial Balance not possible in Magento.
4. Proper Order Fulfillement and Invoicing which is integrated with the accounting system is not possible from a typical e-commerce platform.

So for all these activities a proper back office solution is needed which can be integrated with your Magento storefront. SAP Business One is a typical back office accounting ERP package specifically targeted towards the SMEs. You can have a look at that and a good Magento Integration Platform can integrate your back office in proper manner with Magento.

For any help please feel free to contact us at-

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Develo Design

Total Posts:  10
Birmingham, UK

Hi,
This is not possible with the community edition, It is a feature of Enterprise but obviously at great expense.

Luke.
http://www.develodesign.co.uk

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community