Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PEAR.php fatal error

sharkufc

Total Posts:  19

Hi guys, i’m trying to upgrade magento. I’ve downloaded the latest release from official site and i’m uploaded the files on my server.
All things works except magento connnect.
When I try to go in magento connect, I have this error:

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/sito/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR.php’ (include_path=’/home/sito/public_html/downloader/pearlib/php:/home/sito/public_html/app/code/local:/home/sito/public_html/app/code/community:/home/sito/public_html/app/code/core:/home/sito/public_html/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/sito/public_html/lib/Varien/Pear.php on line 60

In downloader folder there isn’t pearlib folder, as in the zip downloaded from the official site. How can I fix this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

So you tried to upgrade Magento by downloading the latest version and then uploading those files? If so, that’s not the correct way to do this. By default, the directory you’ve mentioned doesn’t exist in 1.5.x. I would suggest using Magento Connect or SSH to upgrade instead of just copying over the updated files.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community