Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Shipping Module - neccesary??? 

lostbens

Total Posts:  31

Hi all

I’ve been struggling with a custom shipping module as we need to direct all confirmed orders to our shipping company to carry out the delivery. I hit the problem that many developers have had, see countless forum threads, that our custom module shows up in the backend but not in the frontend.

Now I’m wondering, before I bang my head against this wall for another 4 hours, do we even need a custom module?

I could implement the table rate shipping module, but then just hack the core to POST the order to our shipping company.

Does anyone know if this would work? Maybe there are already hooks in place somewhere in the core to post to an external site once an order has been confimed. Maybe there is even a better place to carry out this post than from within the shipping module?

Has anyone else found a solution to this one?

Cheers,

Ben.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community