Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Press room

S.Kacperski (Gekosale.pl)

Total Posts:  38
Warsaw

Press room and materials for press. I’m wondering where is this section on magentocommerce.com? wink I tried to make some graphic and need logo of Magento but i didn’t found any :(

It’s only me but if it was some big magazine? rasberry

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

We’ll get this up in the next few days - if you need anything just PM me

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark Howson

Total Posts:  28
UK (Weather: Cold and Rainy)

From experience working with magazines, try to give them a few executive summaries… maybe one at 20 words, one at 50 words and one at 100 words or similar. Let me give you an example.

Twisted Melon make an excellent piece of software called Mira, that lets you control your Mac with an Apple remote. They have a great press center here, which is one of the best I have seen. Among other things, they have three different descriptions of the Mira product on the page, at varying lengths.

Under 20 Words
Mira is designed exclusively for the Apple Remote, taking it beyond Front Row with personal control for any application.

That description tells a journalist or reader at a glance what the software does. If more column inches are available, then a magazine could provide the lengthier description.

Under 50 Words
Mira is designed exclusively for the Apple Remote, taking it beyond Front Row with personal control for any application, on any Mac. If you know how to use your favorite applications with a mouse and keyboard, you can make them work with the Apple Remote.

In a perfect world though, the magazine has room for this:

Under 100 words
Mira is designed exclusively for the Apple Remote, taking it beyond Front Row with personal control for any application, on any Mac. Shipping with built-in support for over 60 applications, new ones can be given their own specific actions in a few seconds with virtually no learning curve and no additional software or plugins to download or install.

Mira automatically detects which application is running and matches it with the correct personal settings. If you know how to use your favorite applications with a mouse and keyboard, you can make them work with the Apple Remote.

Which of course makes the site happy, because something nearer what they want gets published if space is short, and the magazine have less work to do.

Twisted Lemon also provide a short company description, and lots of images and logos in a variety of sizes and formats. Always try and provide a transparent background version or at least white and black backgrounds, make the medias life easier and getting covered will be so much easier too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Awesome Mark - thanks very much. We’ll get this up.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mark Howson

Total Posts:  28
UK (Weather: Cold and Rainy)

No problem, happy to help where I can smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community