Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento reduce quantity in cart based on stock? 

2W6+6

Total Posts:  3

I have the following “problem”. Basically, Magento can handle my stock, but if I have 5 articles in stock and a customer buys 8, he gets the message, that there are not as many articles in stock right now and he has to reduce quantity himself

Is it possible, that Magento automatically reduces the cart of the customer? If, in the same example, a customer buys 8 times the same article, his cart is automatically reduced to 5 and he gets the message “The quantity of article xy in your cart was reduced by 3”.

That would make things easier. smile

Is there an extension which can do that?

Regards,
Lars

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RaptorsAirsoft

Total Posts:  15

I’m very interested in an extension that would do this as well. Does anybody know of one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hello

There is a Magento default functionality that works even in a better way

It is possible to enable the Backorder for the whole inventory products, to do so go to: «System» → «Configuration» → «Catalog» → «Inventory» → «Product Stock Options» and make the corresponding amendments there.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community