Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems migrating servers

rodolfooddo

Total Posts:  2

Hi everyone,

i´m moving my site from one server to another, and when I put all the files (i suppose) i still have the error message above:

Fatal error: Call to a member function initCache() on a non-object in /home/paulistanainfo/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php on line 536

First of all, I was think if the file app.php is unavailable but he are there… so I check line 536 of app.php and get this:

->initCache($this->getCache(), 'app', array(Mage_Core_Model_Store_Group::CACHE_TAG))

So, i´m stucked here… probably is a problem with cache, but i don´t know what I need to do now!

Could someone help me??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

CT Schubert

Total Posts:  197
Southern California

How did you migrate the files? Via SSH or through and FTP program? It could be a permission issue on certain files/folders if you used FTP.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rodolfooddo

Total Posts:  2

FTP!

Magento Community
Magento Community

CT Schubert

Total Posts:  197
Southern California

Check your /var/ folder and the sub-folders and make sure they are set to 777. It may not be able to access the cache folder inside there

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community