Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.3.4.1 to 1.5.0.1 Where Am I Going Wrong? 
 
Hioncc
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  20
Joined:  2009-10-04
 

Hello,

I have spent the last 3 days trying to get this to work, in regards to database. These are the steps I followed:

- Backed Up Entire Store
- Backed Up Database (Database A)

- Downloaded Full Magento 1.5.0.1
- Uploaded Full Installation to /new Folder
- Created Database B, this is a copy of Database A
- Did clean installation of Magento 1.5.0.1 on /new and input details for Database B

- Takes ages to load, then simply get:
PAGE NOT FOUND
oops, it seems this page is no longer available…

- Check database, Comparing Database B to a clean database of 1.5.0.1 is missing 6 tables?
- Editted core_config_data base_urls to /new - didn’t fix

Any ideas?

Kindest Regards

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Bing Dicklepuss
Sr. Member
 
Total Posts:  91
Joined:  2010-07-26
 

Maybe this is a dumb question but are you sure you are navigating to the folder properly and that various other internet-related settings are correct?
Usually, if I am doing something like you are doing, I would put a file like “testing.php” into the new folder (with some plain text in it like “testing123") just to make sure the basics are working.

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
 
Hioncc
Jr. Member
 
Total Posts:  20
Joined:  2009-10-04
 

Just to let you know,

I fixed the 1.3.4.1 - 1.5.0.1 update.

By doing the following:

Upgrade to 1.4.2.0 from 1.3.4.1 using a backed up version of your 1.3.4.1 database.

Then use this same database that has been used on 1.4.2.0 installation, on the 1.5.0.1 installation.

All works fine and dandy wink.

Regards

 
Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Back to top