Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error Editing Different Store Views

pranzoltranzista

Total Posts:  1

Bug?

I’m developing a store with two views, German and English (German is the Standard Setting).
When I correct or modify the product description in the English Store View, the german store view gets the english product descriptions. Sometimes only the main description is changed, sometimes both the product description and the quick overview.

Of course in the german store view all options are set on “Use website” as the standard language is german, as well as everything has the right setup in the english view.

Any hint?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

haligonia

Total Posts:  97

Yeah, I’m having the same problem. I have English and French store views and in general I can edit the French store view with different values from the default values. BUT it won’t work for one particular product (and one product only ...) It works for other products. Very strange. I’ve never had this problem before. The product is a configurable product, though, so that may be it ... or maybe it has something to do some attributes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

haligonia

Total Posts:  97

Yeah, the problem happens only with configurable products. Cannot change the product description for the French view of the store ... it always returns to the default value.

I found this thread:

discussion about this problem

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community