Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Missing Files in the install

kevbo75217

Total Posts:  8

I installed the software and now it won’t work cause the following files are missing

/skin/install/default/default/css/menu.css
/skin/install/default/default/css/print.css
/skin/install/default/default/images/body_bg.gif

I also keep getting an error when I login to the backend. Here is the error I keep getting:
Fatal error: Call to a member function toString() on a non-object in /home/webilov/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Helper/Data.php on line 89

I am running PHP 5.20 and meet the rest of the system requirements. I also downloaded both install files again and looked for the files but there not present in the install zip.

Please help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

kevbo75217 - 25 December 2007 06:34 PM

I installed the software and now it won’t work cause the following files are missing
/skin/install/default/default/css/menu.css
/skin/install/default/default/css/print.css
/skin/install/default/default/images/body_bg.gif

These files have never existed in Magento install skin. What do you need them for ?
They are required only on the frontend and they are in frontend skin under /skin/frontend/default/default/.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Michae1
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  826

kevbo75217 - 25 December 2007 06:34 PM

I also keep getting an error when I login to the backend. Here is the error I keep getting:
Fatal error: Call to a member function toString() on a non-object in /home/webilov/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Helper/Data.php on line 89

What is the locale you chose while installing Magento ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kevbo75217

Total Posts:  8

I couldn’t understand it either. The server was looking for the files for some reason, but I fixed it by uploading the files again. Now it’s working just fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community