Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Personal Iphone theme derived from iphone theme

soisita

Total Posts:  18

Hi all,

I currently use the iphone theme for smartphones, using the exceptions for activating it, but I would like to know if there was a workaround in order to do the same way as for the principal theme.
I mean I have a personal theme derived from the default theme, enabling me not to copy all files in my personal directory.
Could it be possible to do the same with the iphone theme?

Then I would have

/default
/personal_theme

/iphone
/personal_iphone

with files not found in personal_theme pulled from default

But I would like the same for iphone : personal_iphone files not found pulled from iphone (for now, they are pulled from default, as it is the principal default theme)

I forgot to tell I’m still using 1.4.1.1 grin

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

luckyknight

Total Posts:  22

I have the same issue running CE 1.7.0.2.

I have mytheme\myiphone theme
I want it inherit from mytheme\iphone (default iphone theme)

Under System->Config I have set iphone as the default as an exception under Themes->Default, but it just loads default instead.

Did you have any success?? It seems crazy that I have to copy the entire iphone theme and edit that, which would make upgrades much more difficult.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community