Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t Create New Users in 1.5.0.1

misterpatrick

Total Posts:  74

Hello all,

I have two different installs on two different servers and on both of them I can’t create new users on the backend under Web Services. Something is going wrong here as it’s not showing “Password” under the name, email etc options, but rather New API Key and API Key Confirmation. I can create the users, but once they are created, they can’t log in to the admin. Roles have been defined etc, but they get an error at log in.

Any idea what is going on here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Is this a local install?

I assume you are logging out and logging in?

Have you tried logging in with a different browser?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ptomter

Total Posts:  23
Bergen / Norway

misterpatrick - 21 February 2011 02:58 PM

Hello all,

I have two different installs on two different servers and on both of them I can’t create new users on the backend under Web Services. Something is going wrong here as it’s not showing “Password” under the name, email etc options, but rather New API Key and API Key Confirmation. I can create the users, but once they are created, they can’t log in to the admin. Roles have been defined etc, but they get an error at log in.

Any idea what is going on here?

any solutions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

inertiaim

Total Posts:  1

I am also having the same issue.  Is Magento aware of this issue and working on a solution?

Is there a workaround?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community