Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Site went down and now getting error

jroachkilla

Total Posts:  9

I need help big time! smile

my site went down out of nowhere. i contacted my hosting company to see if anything was done and they were no help. I moved hosting companies because of it. I saved all my files moved them over. Created a new database and restored it with my old database. I went in and made sure config.xml had all correct database info. Also changed local.xml to be the same.

When i try to access any page i receive this error?

Fatal error: Call to a member function extend() on a non-object in /home/content/12/7482412/html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 600

Does this mean that I have misconfigured the config.xml file? Any way to get my site backup? The website is pacefitnessandnutrition.com

Thanks so much for anyone who can help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

Can you validate your local.xml file?.
I’ve saw that error with invalid xml files in the past.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lightlycooked

Total Posts:  2

Hey jroachkilla,

Did you ever figure out what was causing this? I’m experiencing the same thing but on the /downloader (Magento Connect) page.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community