Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Store Front End Category View & Search Problem

Willmott85

Total Posts:  26

Afternoon all,

I have an issue with the front end of my site with regards to category view, specifically the ‘Browse By’ section.  I have uploaded a couple of pics to better explain this problem. 

Firstly, I have searched extensively online for a solution to this problem, but its hard to search what the exact problem is.  Many results show for different problems, but not the one I am experiencing.

Basically, within ‘Browse By’ on the frontend store view, there are seemingly no products assigned to any categories.  See first picture below - number within brackets is always 0.

However, in the backend, the products are showing.  See second pic below.

This has only happened within the last few hours and have seemingly done nothing that may affect this.  It has been working fine up until yesterday evening.

In addition, no search results are returned when searching for a product, even though showing on the site.

Important to note that the products do actually show in the frontend if you click on the individual categories, so they are actually assigned. 

The issue is that the number in the brackets is showing 0, whereas products are actually assigned and working/showing and no search results are returned when searching for the products.

Any help on this issue would be much appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Willmott85

Total Posts:  26

Ok,

After experiencing the search issue where direct search terms were finding no results, a quick google found a possible solution.

Not only has it fixed the search issue, it has also fixed the bracket numbering issue.  See below for steps to solve the above 2 issues.

Go to - System - Index Management and select all.  Then re-index data.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hi You can solve this problem using extension Sphinx Search Ultimate http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/sphinx-search-ultimate.html. In addition to this extension of has a many functions, greatly improves the quality and relevance of search results.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community