Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Menu item “Catalog-> manage categories” freezes

henrika

Total Posts:  11

Menu item “Catalog-> manage categories” freezes (becomes completely white and can not be used anymore).

I work in Magento ver. 1.5.0.1. and have posted some categories and products into the shop. Store works just fine.

Problem is that when I want to add more categories into then screen at the “Catalog - manage categories” the hole page gets white, and no categories or content elements are shown.

4 times I have deleted Magento shop and database entirely and started allover again, but I get the same result, namely that I can not Opet or service categories.

I have set permissions to all files and folder in my test shop to 777.

I’ve tried to empty the cache and sign out, but it does not help.

Does anyone know what is wrong?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Hosting information?
Could lack of memory for PHP - do you know what your php.ini is allocating?

Just some starting points…

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

henrika

Safe mode is off.

I have created a phpinfo.php file.
Host info: http://5egen.traviansmart.dk/phpinfo.php

I dont have a php.ini file in my store domain. I have just created a subdomain and installed Magento.

Please let my know if you need more info to trace the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

OK, that phpinfo doesn’t tell about RAM allocation - that will be in this file: /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini
If you have access to it, have a look for the line that says how much memory PHP has to play with.

You may be able to change this value in your .hataccess file by adding a line like this:
php_value memory_limit 256M
But that will depend on whether your host allows you to override these settings in htaccess.

Are you on shared hosting, a VPS, dedicated?

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

henrika

I dont have access to /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini

In the phpinfo.php site there is a Local value and mater value column. When i change php_value memory_limit 256M in the .hataccess file the local vaue also changed. I have now changed from 256M to 200M the same as the master value.

Unfortunately it did not change any thing..still white manage categories site. Funny it is the only admin page doing that.

The site is running on shared hosting at my webhotel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

henrika

This is the error messages i get in my browser (IE, firefox or Crome) when i enter “Catalog-> manage categories” after i have made some kategores and 5 products:

Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; GTB6.6; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; OfficeLiveConnector.1.5; OfficeLivePatch.1.3)
Timestamp: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 23:08:59 UTC

Line: 25
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://5egen.traviansmart.dk/index.php/admin/catalog_category/index/key/606c823105816294c415ac509e247427/

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

OK, I *think* that’s a permissions problem.
You should copy that error to your webhost and ask them to check permission on your account.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community