Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Back up not working when tried to upgrade

Vicky

Total Posts:  50

I’m sick in my stomach.  I tried to upgrade my store from 1.3.2.4 using Simple Scripts (UGH) and it didn’t work.  I tried to back out of it and it wouldn’t work.  It shows that my store is now on 1.5 but of course I have all these error messages.  My hosting company tried to revert back to a database backup but it didn’t bring the site back up.  Can anyone help me with understanding the error messages Im getting and how to fix them?

-----------------------------------

Strict Standards: include_once() [function.include-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Denver’ for ‘MST/-7.0/no DST’ instead in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/Mage.php on line 49

Warning: include_once(Mage/Core/functions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/Mage.php on line 49

Strict Standards: include_once() [function.include-once]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Denver’ for ‘MST/-7.0/no DST’ instead in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/Mage.php on line 49

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘Mage/Core/functions.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/code/local:/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/code/community:/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/code/core:/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/Mage.php on line 49

Strict Standards: include() [function.include]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Denver’ for ‘MST/-7.0/no DST’ instead in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Warning: include(Mage/Core/Model/App.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Strict Standards: include() [function.include]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Denver’ for ‘MST/-7.0/no DST’ instead in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Warning: include(Mage/Core/Model/App.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘Mage/Core/Model/App.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/code/local:/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/code/community:/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/code/core:/public_html/XXXXX/catalog/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/lib/Varien/Autoload.php on line 93

Strict Standards: Mage::app() [mage.app]: It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. Please use the date.timezone setting, the TZ environment variable or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘America/Denver’ for ‘MST/-7.0/no DST’ instead in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/Mage.php on line 422

Fatal error: Class ‘Mage_Core_Model_App’ not found in /public_html/XXXXX/catalog/app/Mage.php on line 422

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

Sad to be the Bad Bear bearing Bad News, but your files may pretty much be hosed. :(

Does your host have a backup of your files? I’d restore both the files and the database.

Alternatively a shred of hope may be to stick this in .htaccess:

php_value date.timezone “America/Chicago”

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

When you hosting company did the revert, did they also revert to your 1.3 version?

You could try upgrading with a fresh copy of 1.5 first.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community