Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Australia post shipping

noticethis

Total Posts:  44

Hi fellow Aussies,

I’m new to Magneto and just setting up my store. The version installed is 1.5

Is there a way for Australia post to be my shipping preference and for it to calculate based on location, dimensions and weight like it does on their website?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Chris Norton

Total Posts:  53

Australia Post support is one of the primary features of the Fontis Australia extension. However, it doesn’t (currently) have support for dimensions and only uses weight for shipping calculations.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Not wanting to upset Chris in any way - I do know of another Aust Post shipping module (commercial) that will include dimensions of the package in the calculation. Currently in beta.

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

noticethis

Does it work for verison 1.5? .... refering to both options suggested haha

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

I believe the extension in beta is 1.5 compatible.
I will have to leave Chris to answer about the Fontis version

Regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

noticethis

Is there any update on this?

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

Maybe PM Chris?

regards

Magento Community
Magento Community

girls-obsession

Total Posts:  19

Not being able to use dimensions is no problem.  Just do your own quick Dim Weight calculation and enter the weight accordingly in Magento.  Dimensional weight is simply length x width x height (in cm) divided by 4000.  Ausie Post (all couriers for that matter) charge on the greater of the two.  Example below.

Box 1

Length = 30cm Width =20cm Height = 15cm Dead Weight = 3kg

Dim weight = 30 X 20 x 15 / 4000

Dimensional Weight = 2.25kg
Dead Weight = 3kg

Use the Dead Weight of 3kg in the item’s weight for Magento.

Box 2

Length = 60cm Width =20cm Height = 20cm Dead Weight = 2kg

Dim weight = 60 X 20 x 20 / 4000

Dimensional Weight = 6kg
Dead Weight = 2kg

Use the dim weight of 6kg in the item’s weight for Magento.

Hope this helps smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Chang

Total Posts:  16

Any update on the version for 1.5?

Magento Community
Magento Community

funkyobsession

Total Posts:  12

*bump
Chris any updates please for 1.5 ...thanks very much!

Magento Community
Magento Community

noticethis

Any updates on this? Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

plu_australia

Total Posts:  132

Not to hijack this thread but since its related heres another challenge if anyone can point in the right direction.

We use Couriers Please Satchells and Aus Post Satchels.

Using Matric Rate ext we set it up like so:

If Post Code is a designated Couriers Please Zone then show Couriers Please else show Aus Post . This took me a long time to put together as we needed to determine the NON CP areas and fill the voids with Aus Post.

Then there is the issue where CP do not ship to PO BOXES, there is information and ranges available for PO BOXES, so we took it one step further and started breaking down the CP Zones with exclusion for the PO BOX Post Codes, now this took an awfully long time and we have a about 700 rows in the table.

So now the problem is where a POST CODE can be a Couriers Please zone and a PO BOX , but not a dedicated PO BOX Post Code.
For example NSW 2192 is Belmore and is a Couriers Please zone, Belmore however has PO BOXES too which are 2192.

So they are given a Couriers Please option but go on to enter a PO BOX!

Short of modifying it somehow with an override to detect PO BOX in the address line and then present a different set of options, which I think is the only way to do this - has anyone else face this issue , have a suggestion or know of an extension that will handle the lot?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Blue Mountains, Oz

I run a similar setup, but with Fastway satchels (also no PO boxes).
I get away with simply labelling the shipping option: “Fastway (no PO Boxes)” in the checkout. I get very few false orders that way, but perhaps I’m just lucky!

There is no extension that can handle this, but if you were prepared to pay for the development, Webshopapps (matrix rates author) could probably take their Fastway extension and adapt it for Couriers Please (assuming CP have an API available), and then parse the address for PO Box addresses. I would *think* that is a reasonable option - with those caveats.
Contact Karen at www.webshopapps.com and I’m sure she will give you an assessment and quote for the work.

Hope that helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

plu_australia

Hi Neil,

That could work except we also plot the Satchel Type and Delivery ETA in the description to make it easier when processing orders, for example it will say:
Coruiers Please - 3KG (1-3 Days)

This works in managing customer expecations (they dont all visit the FAQ page) and also ensure the person packing isnt mucking around trying to figure out what box will fit in what satchel (this has all been worked out prior).

Will contact Karen, they have been very helpful in the past.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

plu_australia

Hey Neil,

The commercial Matrix ext does the trick from WebShopApps, right now its a tad pricey and going to give it a crack first, if that fails then ...
Some of us a destined to learn the hard way!

I did find this http://www.fontis.com.au/blog/magento/preventing-po-box-shipping-addresses perhaps a good starting point, ideally though we don\’t want the restriction applies fully, only where the criteria returned contain \’Couriers Ple...\’

Will let you know how I get on

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie_Leo

Total Posts:  14

Hi All, my store is on an old version 1.3.2.4 as I haven’t got around to updating it yet. Yesterday my Australia post Integration just stopped working. When trying to estimate shipping I get no options displayed at all, I have actually had to add flat postage to allow customers to continue placing orders. Does anyone know if Australia Post has changed something on their side to break this? How could I debug this, or is it better to bite the bullet and upgrade.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community