Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Site is down for no reason. Think it may be a database error

jroachkilla

Total Posts:  9

Hello,

I just had a site that I have not touched in months go down all of a sudden. It is receiving this error message when I try to access the home page. The website is http://www.pacefitnessandnutrition.com/. Can someone help please!!! THanks smile

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error -1 from storage engine

Trace:
#0 /home/pacefitn/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(300): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/pacefitn/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/pacefitn/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(\’UPDATE `admin_u...\’, Array)
#3 /home/pacefitn/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(333): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(\’UPDATE `admin_u...\’, Array)
#4 /home/pacefitn/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(604): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(\’UPDATE `admin_u...\’, Array)
#5 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Mysql4/User.php(76): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update(\’admin_user\’, Array, \’user_id=\’1\’\’)
#6 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/User.php(272): Mage_Admin_Model_Mysql4_User->recordLogin(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_User))
#7 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Session.php(91): Mage_Admin_Model_User->login(\’rande\’, \’rl112353\’)
#8 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Observer.php(55): Mage_Admin_Model_Session->login(\’rande\’, \’rl112353\’, Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#9 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1229): Mage_Admin_Model_Observer->actionPreDispatchAdmin(Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#10 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1210): Mage_Core_Model_App->_callObserverMethod(Object(Mage_Admin_Model_Observer), \’actionPreDispat...\’, Object(Varien_Event_Observer))
#11 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/Mage.php(416): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent(\’controller_acti...\’, Array)
#12 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(502): Mage::dispatchEvent(\’controller_acti...\’, Array)
#13 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(152): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#14 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(407): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#15 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(253): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(\’index\’)
#16 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#17 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(304): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#18 /home/pacefitn/public_html/app/Mage.php(596): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#19 /home/pacefitn/public_html/index.php(80): Mage::run(\’\’, \’store\’)
#20 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

heather.ph

Total Posts:  16

Check the database username + password in your local.xml file

I think it’s in app/etc

My site went down a couple of days ago and for some reason the details in local.xml were wrong!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

jroachkilla

Total Posts:  9

I set up the config.xml and local.xml file to the appropriate database settings and now i am getting this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function extend() on a non-object in /home/pacefitn/public_html/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php on line 600

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandovn

Total Posts:  2
UK

@jroachkilla this problem is most likely related to XML error or missing tag.
You can read more here: Malformed XML breaks Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

maGhost

Total Posts:  12

My site is down since the morning! it’s giving 404 error. WHat should I do? Please, any suggestions? I am new here, this is my first post and I am not sure this is the right place to place it, but I’m desperate.
Guys, if you know anything on mu issue, please, don’t keep it from me, your ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben

Magento Community
Magento Community

miriam2010

Hi! what I can suggest is the tool I’m using in urgencies like yours.

Frankly, I’m not much of a pro with computers and stuff. So this is really helpful when my site doesn’t want to cooperate.
Here you go.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maGhost

Thanks! I didn’t expect it to be so fast! I think I need to go for a payed plan to get more answers, so now I’m thinking about this. Did you try DEEP diagnsotics?

Magento Community
Magento Community

miriam2010

@maghost,
Yes, I did, worked well.
I don’t think we should discuss it here, you can PM me if you’ve got questions.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community