Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

There was an error processing your order, please contact us or try again later (Checkout Help please!)

SteveBerrill

Total Posts:  36
Preston

Hi all, ive nearly finished my site, i have come across lots of bug during the website but this one is the most annoying one i have see.

In the checkout process of the website all is fine, untill I reach (5) Order Review. When I click on place order I recieve an error wich displays:

There was an error processing your order, please contact us or try again later

help would be greatly apprieciated

I am running Magento ver. 1.5.0.1

previously updated from Magento ver. 1.4.1.1

Check my screen shot!

Image Attachments
error.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

robbyclark

Total Posts:  2

Hi Steve, did you find a solution to this? My system was running fine using 4.1.1.1 and now I’m getting this message also. I had upgraded PHP to 5.3.6 due to PCI compliance, and I think that may be part of it. However, would like to know if you found a solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SteveBerrill

Preston

Hi there, I did find a solution but it wasn’t really simple. it turned out that the template i used was causing alot of problems. I even installed the same magento version as my template and still received the errors.

I eventually gave up with the template and installed magento ver 1.5.0.1 (stable) and styled the site from the default template. Everything works perfect now and the site is much more faster which probably has improved my ranking.

So if i could give you or anyone else who uses magento some advise, from my experience, don’t use templates they are riddled!

I hope this may resolve your problem

regards

Steve

Image Attachments
sie.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

veracious

Total Posts:  114

I have got this same error:
There was an error processing your order. Please contact us or try again later.

It is not related to the theme.  I had an old theme, and i have updated it and have managed to iron out all the bugs except this one.  I have changed it to the default theme and cleared the cache for testing purposes and the problem still exists.  I saw people were getthing this on Magento Go too:
http://collaborate.magento.com/magento/topics/purchase_failed-1filiw

I have searched the web and have found some answers but they do not apply to 1.5.0.1.  I am getting this problem on a clean install of 1.5.0.1.  I upgraded it to 1.5.1.0 but it idid not resolve the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SteveBerrill

Preston

Hi, if the installation is correct, then the only thing that could could be wrong is the API settings that synchronize with the merchant provider. I would confirm with the merchant provider that all data is populated for merchant settings in back end admin

Magento Community
Magento Community

markytuck

Total Posts:  2

SOLVED

I fixed this issue by entering the API information into the PAYPAL set up .

I use paypal payments pro

system>config> paypal>API/integration settings.

clicked “get credentials from paypal”

entered them and WIN!

hope this helps the next person who spends hours looking for the right information.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cinevate

Total Posts:  7

I ran into the same error when using PayPal credit card transactions.

The solution was to enter the API credentials in both the Default Config and the Store Config.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community