Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Shopping Cart Price Rule - Shopping Cart gives wrong total

speedbird1229

Total Posts:  31

Hi,

We are running a weekly Facebook campaign where we pick one fan who gets 10 EUR to use in our store. This should actually also give him free shipping but if that’s too hard, we can just include the discount rule to apply also to the shipping cost. I’m trying to create some solution to make it a bit better for the customer to see his ordering process. So I thought that we create a customer account for the winner, add him to a new customer group Facebook Winners and finally create a Shopping Cart Price Rule that applies to Facebook Winners and a customer can use it only once. Under actions for the rule I selected Fixed Amount Discount for Whole Cart, amount 10.00 and Apply to Shipping Amount - Yes.

Now when I add something to shopping cart everything is right at first:

Subtotal €1.39
Discount (Facebook Winner) -€1.39
Grand Total: 0.00

However, when I request shipping quote so it’s added to the total:

Subtotal €5.09
Discount (Facebook Winner) -€7.07
Shipping & Handling (Standard Shipping 7-15 days worldwide - Standard Airmail) €1.98
Grand Total: - €0.33

There it shows a minus for some reason. In another website view it shows some random number without the minus although it should show 0.00 in both cases…

How should I fix it or do you have a better solution?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

viakondratiuk

Total Posts:  25

Maybe you should coupon?

Magento Community
Magento Community

speedbird1229

Total Posts:  31

Actually I think that I got it working. It seems like it was all about the tax calculation… I set it so that discount is taken after tax and it now seems to be working properly.

Coupon might be easier though. I’ll think about it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community