Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

FootbagShop.com - Hacky Sack Shop

jwebber

Total Posts:  67
Elkhart, Indiana

Please give me your feedback on this site: http://www.footbagshop.com

The site has been online since 1999, running on OScommerce until just a few weeks ago. Magento gives us much more control over product and order management then OScommerce ever could.

A couple features of the site:
- Quick View on the category page lets people see vital specs and photos without having to click into each product page
- Inventory status bar shows approximate inventory level of product
- Recently viewed products shows photo of product instead of text link, making it easier to go back through past products
- Reviews are integrated directly into the product view page
- We used OScommerce import module to transfer over all user accounts and past orders

Since launching the new site, sales are up 50%!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

oakRunk

Total Posts:  117

Looks good - congrats on the increased sales too!

Site has a nice professional look to it.

I like the pic in the footer - real nice.

Pages load nice, I noticed the header and side bars dont reload each time. How about that?

Do you mind sharing how you got the picture in the recently viewed products or the reviews on the product page? That’s sweet.

The only thing I would change, if it were my shop would be to put the newsletter subscription up top somewhere, though I’m not sure how many people you have subscribing now.

Best of luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Voot

Total Posts:  261
Long Beach, CA

That’s awesome, great niche! The site looks great too.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jacobs_ny

Total Posts:  13

jwebber.. your site looks great..  I am working on a site as well.. but I am graphically challenged..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community