Magento Forum

Howkapow: Design Shop

roghow

Total Posts:  24

Hi,

Here’s my site -> Howkapow

I learnt Magento building it so any comments / improvements greatly appreciated!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sdrio

Total Posts:  19

It might be a dumb observation, but i\’s not immediately obvious what the store is selling.

Presumably most people will already know, but if I was a casual surfer landing on your store, I might not understand what it is I\’m looking at.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ronythomas12

Total Posts:  3

I have reviewed the site and in my opinion, its good. However, here are some suggestions for a great site:

1. Update your content
2. Keep your content meaningful
3. Check for spelling mistakes
4. Check for any broken links

Magento Community
Magento Community

SNieves23

Total Posts:  37

Hello,
Nice site! There is one big problem.

I noticed you have the facebook like button, even during checkout. The biggest concern with this is it breaks your https request and customers will get an unsecured connection warning to checkout.

Since those images (facebook) are being called from static image files stored on facebook that makes them unsecured.

I too have been trying to achieve something like this to only appear on the home page. This can be affecting sales or scaring customers off.

Magento Community
Magento Community

roghow

Total Posts:  24

Hey - thanks for the advise. I’ve had a little tweak to add the shop name in the Title of the page and I’ll look at making the home page clearer.

For the Facebook link I’ve made it only appear on the Home Page using…

<?php if ( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'== "/" || $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'== "/index.php"{ ?>

<div class="Facebook">
<
iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http&#x3A;&#x2F;&#x2F;www.facebook.com&#x2F;howkapow&amp;layout=button_count&amp;show_faces=false&amp;width=90&amp;action=like&amp;colorscheme=light&amp;height=21" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:90px; height:21px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>
</
div>
<?php } ?>

Thanks again guys - really appreciate the feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community

SNieves23

Hello,
Where exactly did you paste the code? Im sure the rest was positioned using css?

Magento Community
Magento Community

SNieves23

OK got it!

Added it in my header.php without the div tags.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community