Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
1.5.0.1: upgrading from 1.3.1

Alexandre Almeida

Total Posts:  54

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for you suggestion.

That is a good idea, a new database copy from 1.3 install Magento 1.5, copy the files over.

The only problems are the need to reinstall all extensions, I don’t want to do that, will be a lot of time.

I’ll try the follow, hope it works.

Backup my 1.5 DB
-Copy Customer, Orders, Catalog tables from 1.3 and upload on the 1.5 DB.
Does anyone have a scrip to do it by SSH?

Regards,
Alexandre

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aplatte

Total Posts:  30

Alexandre Almeida - 18 August 2011 04:15 AM

I’ll try the follow, hope it works.

Backup my 1.5 DB
-Copy Customer, Orders, Catalog tables from 1.3 and upload on the 1.5 DB.

I still don’t think that’s a good idea. All those tables have internal Ids that need to maintain the same whe copying tables. Reinstalling extensions cannot be so long… how many extensions are you talking about? Cannot the site be offline a few hours while you upgrade?

Cheers,

Adrian

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshshop

Total Posts:  88

Hi,

after making several tests and fixing template files I decided to make a final test but now I only get following error with different tables every time I try:

Error in file: “/public_html/test2/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.3.99-1.4.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘sales_flat_order’ already exists

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Magento Community
Magento Community

gustav30

Total Posts:  24

[quote author="CT Schubert” date="1298445266"

Once you are satisfied w/ the staging install, you will want to do the following.

Make sure you do this at a time that you are sure no one will be shopping on your store, perhaps really late at night or really early in the morning. Or put up a temporary index page. Either way, should be down for just a few minutes.

1. Create a new folder in the root called “backup” and copy your entire live store into that folder
2. Delete all of the files for the live store wherever they currently reside (again, MAKE SURE you have them copied to a backup folder just in case)
3. Move all of the files from the staging area to the folder the live site was in (so if the live site was in /public_html/ then move them there)
4. Login to phpmyadmin or whatever interface you use to access your databases and edit the core_config_data table and point the unsecure and secure urls to the new path (so if they were currently set to www.domain.com/staging/, rename them to www.domain.com/)
5. That should be it. Unless you have absolute paths being used anywhere in your template or your CSS, you shouldn’t have any template issues
6. Login to your admin and refresh all of the cache and re-index everything. Generate your sitemap, etc. Go through all the settings and make sure everything is fine.

Some side notes. If you were using a shipping extension that required a CSV file, make sure to re-upload that just in case. Run some verifications once the site is live. Signup as a new user, try to do a full checkout w/ payment going through (I had to re-input API/Transaction keys for one clients merchant account). Check to make sure existing customer accounts are working w/ passwords ,etc.

Hi, Just so I understand, using this method, the staging database that was created is now going to become the production database, correct?

Magento Community
Magento Community

IZZY_B

Total Posts:  4

Did anyone ever figure out this error:

Error in file\\\"/var/www/html/bd4utmp/staging/app/code/core/Mage/Core/sql/core_setup/mysql4-upgrade-0.8.18-0.8.19.php\\\" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table \\\'core_variable\\\' already exists
(A couple of people ran into the same issue).

I am attempting an upgrade and running into the same issue.

Even better anyone have any tips of moving from 1.3.1 to the current version?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mfrosch

Total Posts:  27

Got the same problem ...
view already exis

Have 1.3.2.4 and have to upgrade it but always get this error.

Any solution appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
mfrosch

Magento Community
Magento Community

CT Schubert

Total Posts:  197
Southern California

Anyone still having issues with upgrading? PM me or email me directly to my email in my profile and I\\\’ll see what I can do to help out.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3